1818Re: Blogify && Peerkat

  • Bill Kearney
    Mar 22, 2001
      > I, on the other hand, am partial to the IETF standard RFC
      > 1123, which lets you have strings like:
      >
      > Thu, 23 Dec 1999 07:23:41 GMT
      >
      > But then I'm an old-fashioned type of guy ;-)

      Which, of course, sucks if you're not one of the relatively few folks
      that speaks english (compared to total world population) Isn't this
      why most systems use epoch time instead and let the local environment
      parse it appropriately?

      I'm just an english speaker but I've seen countless times that
      software freaks when it assumes things about date handling with
      different languages or environments.

      -Bill
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic