1807Re: [RSS-DEV] Re: Blogify && Peerkat

  • Morbus Iff
    Mar 22, 2001
      >Why? and What spec? Last time I looked the X in XML stood for extensible.
      >Now I suppose some DTD that is designed to validate the XML might complain,
      >but so what .. just update the DTD. I mean just how does XHTML get
      >extended? Does it take some blessing from a high priest?
      >
      > Point is: where will it hurt??

      Well, let's see. Extended XHTML is a choice of the w3c. It will hurt:

      - parsers/syntax checkers that assume the XHTML DTD is god.
      - you think "time", me think "date", he think "seconds".
      no communal decision. in essence, <blink> and <marquee> all
      over again.

      --
      Morbus Iff
      ______ Here we have HomelessMorbus - living in a box. Able to
      | () | furnish an old refrigerator box into a spacious 3 room
      |<\/>| complete with Internet connection and entertainment center,
      |_/\_| until it rains, and then he's up to his knees in shat...
      Devil Shat: <http://www.disobey.com/devilshat/>

      -01--- <\/> ---- <http://www.disobey.com/> --- Bad Ascii, Short Notice ----
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic