Re: I ask for Cadenhead's help (and yours)

  • matthewterenzio
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2009
      --- In rss-cloud@yahoogroups.com, Dave Winer <dave.winer@...> wrote:

      > In a comment on his most recent blog post:
      >
      > http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3560/pubsubhubbub-lot-easier-than-sounds/0#285713

      Since he was using an external hub and the time it took him was just setting his software up to ping the Hub.

      So a comparison would not be creating a full cloud implementation but to simply:

      1. Add a cloud element to the feed pointing to an external working cloud.
      2. Ping that cloud when there is an update.

      Forgive me if that was obvious. But for this use case both examples would be equally simple to implement, IMHO.

      Perhaps we can make a special page for the publishers that fit this use case, along with some public clouds they are free to use.

      No sense in confusing these users with the spec, when all they want to do is set their blogs up with an external cloud.