Quick question

  • DeWitt Clinton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
      Hi all!  Dave suggested I join the list.

      Quick question -- anyone know where the latest spec is located?  I didn't see a link on rsscloud.org.

      Thanks!

      -DeWitt

    • dwiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
        The spec is the RSS 2.0 spec. I'm sure you can find that...

        I wrote a walkthrough for rssCloud.

        http://rsscloud.org/walkthrough.html

        It had enough info for a bunch of people to implement it and get interop amoung our implementations. If you want a formal spec, perhaps you can roll up your sleeves and write one. No one here draws a salary from this work.

        I think what you're probably looking for is the cloudpipe stuff. You'll find plenty of links in the archive of this mail list. Here's a good place to start.

        Hope this helps.

        Dave

        --- In rss-cloud@yahoogroups.com, DeWitt Clinton <dewitt@...> wrote:

        > Hi all! Dave suggested I join the list.
        >
        > Quick question -- anyone know where the latest spec is located? I didn't
        > see a link on rsscloud.org.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -DeWitt

      • DeWitt Clinton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
          Thanks, Dave!

          Yup, I'm familiar with the RSS 2.0 spec.  : )  You're right, I was looking for the fat ping -> subscribers flow that you mentioned.  (I had read the walkthrough but didn't find it there.)

          Thanks for the links!

          -DeWitt