http://scripting.wordpress.com/2006/02/20/newsgator-sixapart-feedburner-technorati/

  • David Sifry
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2006
      Subject line says it all.

      I was invited to join this board by Rogers Cadenhead on January 22,
      2006. I didn't ask to be on the board, and I was assured by Rogers that
      this wasn't going to be a controversial role.

      Now I read the essay referred to above, making some pretty serious
      insinuations and accusations.

      I was invited. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now it looks like
      a can of worms. I don't know how to be constructive in that context.

      If Winer and Palfrey don't want me associated with RSS, I'm completely
      fine with resigning from this board. I have no intent to control RSS or
      create any controversy. I'm only interested in seeing further adoption
      and clarification of the standard.

      Dave

      --
      David L. Sifry
      Founder and CEO, Technorati, Inc.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2006
        Just an FYI.

        Dave Winer said yesterday:
        >Tomorrow I will talk individualy with all the corporate members
        >of the "board" and ask them to resign.

        Thanks,

        Randy

        --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, David Sifry <dsifry@...> wrote:
        > If Winer and Palfrey don't want me associated with RSS, I'm
        > completely fine with resigning from this board. I have no
        > intent to control RSS or create any controversy. I'm only
        > interested in seeing further adoption and clarification of
        > the standard.
      • Ross Mayfield
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2006
          My sentiments are similar to Sifry's.

          But the equivocal logic of asserting that no one controls while "banging the gavel to end the experiment" is positively skitzo.  And I'll probably react poorly to someone asserting control over me.

          Ross

          On 2/22/06, Randy Morin <randy@...> wrote:
          Just an FYI.

          Dave Winer said yesterday:
          >Tomorrow I will talk individualy with all the corporate members
          >of the "board" and ask them to resign.

          Thanks,

          Randy

          --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, David Sifry <dsifry@...> wrote:
          > If Winer and Palfrey don't want me associated with RSS, I'm
          > completely fine with resigning from this board.  I have no
          > intent to control RSS or create any controversy. I'm only
          > interested in seeing further adoption and clarification of
          > the standard.

          Xml format Really simple syndication Advisory board

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Ross Mayfield
          CEO
          Socialtext, Inc.
          ross.mayfield@...
          aim:rossdmayfield
          ymsgr:rossdmayfield
          t. +1-650-323-0800
          f. +1-650-323-0801
          company: http://www.socialtext.com
          weblog: http://ross.typepad.com
          many-to-many: http://www.corante.com/many
          this email is: [ ] bloggable [ x ] ask first [ ] private