Re: [rss-board] Proposal: Take Over Publication of Media-RSS

  • James Holderness
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 7, 2009
      randymorin wrote:

      > Today begins the one week period of voting to transfer publication of the
      > mRSS spec to the board.

      I vote in favour of the proposal.

      Regards
      James
      .
    • Jake Savin
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 7, 2009
        In favor.

        --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "randymorin" <randy@...> wrote:

        > Today begins the one week period of voting to transfer publication of the mRSS spec to the board.
        >
        > Please review Rogers proposal (see following message).

      • randymorin
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 9, 2009
          The proposal has passed unanimously.

          For: Camden, Morin, Cadenhead, Parman, Carletti, Levine, Savin, Holderness.
          Against: none.
          Abstain: none.

          Thanks,

          Randy

          --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "randymorin" <randy@...> wrote:

          > Today begins the one week period of voting to transfer publication of the mRSS spec to the board.
          >
          > Please review Rogers proposal (see following message).

        • Rogers
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 11, 2009
            As part of the RSS Advisory Board becoming custodian of the Media RSS specification, I've prepared a copy of the spec here:

            http://www.rssboard.org/media-rss

            This is a draft copy of the current version of the spec that still requires some proofreading. Your help would be appreciated.

            The namespace declaration will remain http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/ even though the board is now publishing the spec.

            While I was preparing the document, I fixed some typos, HTML markup errors and two examples that did not follow the spec. I also added the geoRSS namespace declaration to the last example.

            The specification now has a Table of Contents and internal links to each element, making it easier to refer to them here on RSS-Media and elsewhere:

            http://www.rssboard.org/media-rss#table-of-contents

            One thing I could not fix involves this line in the Change Notes:

            "Modified ????? to have a URL attribute for better module consistency."

            I can't find an older version of the spec that indicates which element was modified to add a URL attribute.

            On behalf of the board, I'd like to thank Sapna Chandiramani and the other members of Yahoo who have worked on the spec for the past five years.

            The board is also taking over management of RSS-Media, the mailing list for the public to ask questions, offer feedback and discuss implementations of the namespace.