Re: [rss-board] Board Now Publishes RSS 0.9, 0.91

  • James Holderness
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2008
      rcade wrote:
      > Here are the dueling announcements:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/2rng4b
      > http://www.rssboard.org/news/181

      That's great news.

      > Here's the first version of a conversion guide for people who want to
      > move from RSS 0.91 to RSS 2.0:
      >
      > http://www.rssboard.org/convert-rss-0-91-to-rss-2-0

      Nicely done. I think there should be some mention of named entities though -
      the DTD in 0.91 defined a bunch of Latin entities which won't be valid in
      RSS 2.0 once the DTD has been removed.

      Also, I'm not sure the section about HTML in RSS 2.0 is quite right. In
      item/description elements, representing &, < and > as hex character
      references, while legal, is probably not ideal.

      Regards
      James