RSSBoard.Com Purchase

  • rcade
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
      On behalf of the board, I bought the domain rssboard.com from its
      current owner for $250 on Sedo.Com, a domain brokerage service:

      http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/news/3220

      Requests to rssboard.com and www.rssboard.com are forwarded to the
      proper URL:

      http://www.rssboard.org/

      If anyone would like to pitch in towards the cost, send me an email or
      post here, and I'll divide the cost among the coalition of the willing.

      The board has no recurring expenses and no budget -- the web hosting
      and domain renewal fees are negligible -- so I'm assuming we want to
      handle occasional expenses by the chair in pass-the-hat manner. If I'm
      wrong, let me know.
    • Randy Morin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
        We should go to a membership model. Basically, any company or
        individual can become a sponsoring member of the board for $100+/yr.
        Just to clarify, sponsoring members wouldn't get a vote. Sponsoring
        members would get a mention on the website. I'd be in for $100.
        My2cents,

        Randy Charles Morin
        http://www.therssweblog.com

        --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <cadenhead@...> wrote:

        > On behalf of the board, I bought the domain rssboard.com from its
        > current owner for $250 on Sedo.Com, a domain brokerage service:
        >
        > http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/news/3220
        >
        > Requests to rssboard.com and www.rssboard.com are forwarded to the
        > proper URL:
        >
        > http://www.rssboard.org/
        >
        > If anyone would like to pitch in towards the cost, send me an email
        or
        > post here, and I'll divide the cost among the coalition of the
        willing.

        > The board has no recurring expenses and no budget -- the web hosting
        > and domain renewal fees are negligible -- so I'm assuming we want to
        > handle occasional expenses by the chair in pass-the-hat manner. If
        I'm
        > wrong, let me know.

      • Greg Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
          Let me know how much you need. $50 is not unreasonable
          for me to contribute.

          Greg

          --- rcade <cadenhead@...> wrote:

          > On behalf of the board, I bought the domain
          > rssboard.com from its
          > current owner for $250 on Sedo.Com, a domain
          > brokerage service:
          >
          > http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/news/3220
          >
          > Requests to rssboard.com and www.rssboard.com are
          > forwarded to the
          > proper URL:
          >
          > http://www.rssboard.org/
          >
          > If anyone would like to pitch in towards the cost,
          > send me an email or
          > post here, and I'll divide the cost among the
          > coalition of the willing.
          >
          > The board has no recurring expenses and no budget --
          > the web hosting
          > and domain renewal fees are negligible -- so I'm
          > assuming we want to
          > handle occasional expenses by the chair in
          > pass-the-hat manner. If I'm
          > wrong, let me know.

        • Randy Morin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007