Board Chair Term

  • rcade
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      The RSS Advisory Board's charter stipulates that the chair serves a
      two-year term that begins Feb. 1 of odd-numbered years. I'm interested
      in continuing as chair for the next two years.

      During that term, I'd like to see the board publish the RSS Profile
      [1] and the clean rewrite of the RSS 2.0 Specification [2]. I believe
      that following the RSS roadmap means freezing the RSS 2.0 elements and
      attributes and all defined behavior, but does not require freezing the
      language of the current spec.

      However, as I hope board members have seen over the past year, I'm
      pretty conservative in my approach to our mission. I'd rather work
      through issues patiently and help incrementally where we can, which is
      why I'm still puttering away on the spec rewrite one year after its
      first draft.

      1: http://www.rssboard.org/rss-profile
      2: http://www.rssboard.org/rss-draft-1

      If anyone else wants to run for chair, please announce within the next
      week. A chair's election requires an absolute majority -- presently 7
      out of 13 votes.
    • Randy Morin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
        You got my vote!

        I think in the next year we have to focus on the profile in order to
        get it done without another year of delays. I think everybody would
        like to see this and it could easily pass.

        On the other hand, I think the draft spec is trouble and should be put
        on hold until we have more community support.
        MHO,

        Randy