Re: [rss-board] Re: RSS Feed Autodiscovery

  • Paul Querna
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 24, 2006
      James Holderness wrote:
      >>> To date, there has not been such a spec, which makes it difficult for
      >>> programmers to find accurate information. I propose that the RSS
      >>> Advisory board approve this spec to fill that gap. Looking for a second.
      >> I second the proposal, so board members have the next seven days to
      >> vote on the adoption of this spec.
      >
      > For the record I'm +1.
      >
      > I'd like to see some of the issues addressed that have been discussed in
      > rss-public, but if there are strong objections to any changes I'd be happy
      > with the current doc.

      I am also +1 on the current spec.

      I also agree with all of the points James has raised, and would like to
      see another revision incorporating some of them.

      -Paul
    • Jake Savin
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 27, 2006
        +1 from me as is.

        That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a revision that addressed the concerns that have
        been expressed around the title attribute, and clarification around HTML vs XHTML. I
        know, for example, that some versions of UserLand's aggregator expect either to see
        a self-closed <link/> tag (XHTML-style) or not -- though I don't remember which, but
        some clarification in the spec would be helpful.

        Rogers [& Randy]: You'd said[1] on rss-public that you'd do a revision on the 24th --
        is that what I see when I look at http://www.rssboard.org/rss-autodiscovery right
        now?

        -Jake