Vote: Two Minor Specification Issues

  • rcade
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
      My proposal was seconded by Greg Smith and Matthew Bookspan, so RSS
      Advisory Board members now have one week to vote on it.

      As the proponent, I vote yes. I'm eager to see us adopt document
      versioning and permanent URLs for the spec and other important
      reference material.

      Here's the full text of the proposal:

      The current RSS specification contains two minor issues I'd like to
      resolve.

      1. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#optionalChannelElements

      The docs element refers to an outdated URL for the specification,
      http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss, instead of the current URL:

      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification

      For as long as the board operates,
      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification will be the permanent URL of
      the current version of the spec. The domain name is the property of
      the board, so it can move to a new host as needed in the future.

      John Palfrey at Harvard told me that the URL
      http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss is going to become the permanent
      URL of the original Harvard spec published in 2003 (not any of the
      board's subsequent derivations). You can find a copy of the original
      Harvard spec here:

      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-2-0-1

      2. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#comments

      The spec encourages people with questions about RSS to post them on
      the RSS2-Support mail list hosted by Sjoerd Visscher:

      This list is no longer active, receiving more spam than RSS-related
      posts. Our own RSS-Public mailing list is a better place to seek help.

      Proposal

      1. Revise the specification to reflect
      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification as the permanent URL of the
      document and RSS-Public as the mailing list where users can pose
      questions about the format.

      2. Give this version of the specification document the revision number
      "RSS 2.0.8".
    • Randy Morin
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
        I vote in favor of the proposed changes.

        Randy Charles Morin
        http://www.kbcafe.com/rss

        --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <rcade@...> wrote:

        > My proposal was seconded by Greg Smith and Matthew Bookspan, so RSS
        > Advisory Board members now have one week to vote on it.
        >
        > As the proponent, I vote yes. I'm eager to see us adopt document
        > versioning and permanent URLs for the spec and other important
        > reference material.
        >
        > Here's the full text of the proposal:
        >
        > The current RSS specification contains two minor issues I'd like to
        > resolve.
        >
        > 1. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#optionalChannelElements
        >
        > The docs element refers to an outdated URL for the specification,
        > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss, instead of the current URL:
        >
        > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification
        >
        > For as long as the board operates,
        > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification will be the permanent URL of
        > the current version of the spec. The domain name is the property of
        > the board, so it can move to a new host as needed in the future.
        >
        > John Palfrey at Harvard told me that the URL
        > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss is going to become the permanent
        > URL of the original Harvard spec published in 2003 (not any of the
        > board's subsequent derivations). You can find a copy of the original
        > Harvard spec here:
        >
        > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-2-0-1
        >
        > 2. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#comments
        >
        > The spec encourages people with questions about RSS to post them on
        > the RSS2-Support mail list hosted by Sjoerd Visscher:

        > This list is no longer active, receiving more spam than RSS-related
        > posts. Our own RSS-Public mailing list is a better place to seek help.
        >
        > Proposal
        >
        > 1. Revise the specification to reflect
        > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification as the permanent URL of the
        > document and RSS-Public as the mailing list where users can pose
        > questions about the format.
        >
        > 2. Give this version of the specification document the revision number
        > "RSS 2.0.8".

      • ecomputerd
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 10, 2006
          +1 yes - Greg Smith

          --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <rcade@...> wrote:

          > My proposal was seconded by Greg Smith and Matthew Bookspan, so RSS
          > Advisory Board members now have one week to vote on it.
          >
          > As the proponent, I vote yes. I'm eager to see us adopt document
          > versioning and permanent URLs for the spec and other important
          > reference material.
          >
          > Here's the full text of the proposal:
          >
          > The current RSS specification contains two minor issues I'd like to
          > resolve.
          >
          > 1. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-
          specification#optionalChannelElements

          > The docs element refers to an outdated URL for the specification,
          > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss, instead of the current URL:
          >
          > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification
          >
          > For as long as the board operates,
          > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification will be the permanent
          URL of
          > the current version of the spec. The domain name is the property of
          > the board, so it can move to a new host as needed in the future.
          >
          > John Palfrey at Harvard told me that the URL
          > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss is going to become the
          permanent
          > URL of the original Harvard spec published in 2003 (not any of the
          > board's subsequent derivations). You can find a copy of the
          original
          > Harvard spec here:
          >
          > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-2-0-1
          >
          > 2. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#comments
          >
          > The spec encourages people with questions about RSS to post them on
          > the RSS2-Support mail list hosted by Sjoerd Visscher:

          > This list is no longer active, receiving more spam than RSS-related
          > posts. Our own RSS-Public mailing list is a better place to seek
          help.

          > Proposal
          >
          > 1. Revise the specification to reflect
          > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification as the permanent URL of
          the
          > document and RSS-Public as the mailing list where users can pose
          > questions about the format.
          >
          > 2. Give this version of the specification document the revision
          number
          > "RSS 2.0.8".

        • Jenny Levine
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 10, 2006
            +1 yes

            Jenny Levine

            --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <rcade@...> wrote:

            > My proposal was seconded by Greg Smith and Matthew Bookspan, so RSS
            > Advisory Board members now have one week to vote on it.
            >
            > As the proponent, I vote yes. I'm eager to see us adopt document
            > versioning and permanent URLs for the spec and other important
            > reference material.
            >
            > Here's the full text of the proposal:
            >
            > The current RSS specification contains two minor issues I'd like to
            > resolve.
            >
            > 1. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-
            specification#optionalChannelElements

            > The docs element refers to an outdated URL for the specification,
            > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss, instead of the current URL:
            >
            > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification
            >
            > For as long as the board operates,
            > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification will be the permanent
            URL of
            > the current version of the spec. The domain name is the property of
            > the board, so it can move to a new host as needed in the future.
            >
            > John Palfrey at Harvard told me that the URL
            > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss is going to become the
            permanent
            > URL of the original Harvard spec published in 2003 (not any of the
            > board's subsequent derivations). You can find a copy of the
            original
            > Harvard spec here:
            >
            > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-2-0-1
            >
            > 2. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#comments
            >
            > The spec encourages people with questions about RSS to post them on
            > the RSS2-Support mail list hosted by Sjoerd Visscher:

            > This list is no longer active, receiving more spam than RSS-related
            > posts. Our own RSS-Public mailing list is a better place to seek
            help.

            > Proposal
            >
            > 1. Revise the specification to reflect
            > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification as the permanent URL of
            the
            > document and RSS-Public as the mailing list where users can pose
            > questions about the format.
            >
            > 2. Give this version of the specification document the revision
            number
            > "RSS 2.0.8".

          • mdbookspan
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 10, 2006
              Vote yes.

              --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <rcade@...> wrote:

              > My proposal was seconded by Greg Smith and Matthew Bookspan, so RSS
              > Advisory Board members now have one week to vote on it.
              >
              > As the proponent, I vote yes. I'm eager to see us adopt document
              > versioning and permanent URLs for the spec and other important
              > reference material.
              >
              > Here's the full text of the proposal:
              >
              > The current RSS specification contains two minor issues I'd like to
              > resolve.
              >
              > 1. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#optionalChannelElements
              >
              > The docs element refers to an outdated URL for the specification,
              > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss, instead of the current URL:
              >
              > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification
              >
              > For as long as the board operates,
              > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification will be the permanent URL of
              > the current version of the spec. The domain name is the property of
              > the board, so it can move to a new host as needed in the future.
              >
              > John Palfrey at Harvard told me that the URL
              > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss is going to become the permanent
              > URL of the original Harvard spec published in 2003 (not any of the
              > board's subsequent derivations). You can find a copy of the original
              > Harvard spec here:
              >
              > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-2-0-1
              >
              > 2. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#comments
              >
              > The spec encourages people with questions about RSS to post them on
              > the RSS2-Support mail list hosted by Sjoerd Visscher:

              > This list is no longer active, receiving more spam than RSS-related
              > posts. Our own RSS-Public mailing list is a better place to seek help.
              >
              > Proposal
              >
              > 1. Revise the specification to reflect
              > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification as the permanent URL of the
              > document and RSS-Public as the mailing list where users can pose
              > questions about the format.
              >
              > 2. Give this version of the specification document the revision number
              > "RSS 2.0.8".

            • Loic Le Meur
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2006
                +1 Loic Le Meur

                On 8/11/06, Jenny Levine <Jenny@...> wrote:

                +1 yes

                Jenny Levine

                --- In rss-board@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <rcade@...> wrote:

                > My proposal was seconded by Greg Smith and Matthew Bookspan, so RSS
                > Advisory Board members now have one week to vote on it.
                >
                > As the proponent, I vote yes. I'm eager to see us adopt document
                > versioning and permanent URLs for the spec and other important
                > reference material.
                >
                > Here's the full text of the proposal:
                >
                > The current RSS specification contains two minor issues I'd like to
                > resolve.
                >
                > 1. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-
                specification#optionalChannelElements

                > The docs element refers to an outdated URL for the specification,
                > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss, instead of the current URL:
                >
                > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification
                >
                > For as long as the board operates,
                > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification will be the permanent
                URL of
                > the current version of the spec. The domain name is the property of
                > the board, so it can move to a new host as needed in the future.
                >
                > John Palfrey at Harvard told me that the URL
                > http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss is going to become the
                permanent
                > URL of the original Harvard spec published in 2003 (not any of the
                > board's subsequent derivations). You can find a copy of the
                original
                > Harvard spec here:
                >
                > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-2-0-1
                >
                > 2. http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#comments
                >
                > The spec encourages people with questions about RSS to post them on
                > the RSS2-Support mail list hosted by Sjoerd Visscher:

                > This list is no longer active, receiving more spam than RSS-related
                > posts. Our own RSS-Public mailing list is a better place to seek
                help.

                > Proposal
                >
                > 1. Revise the specification to reflect
                > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification as the permanent URL of
                the
                > document and RSS-Public as the mailing list where users can pose
                > questions about the format.
                >
                > 2. Give this version of the specification document the revision
                number
                > "RSS 2.0.8".

              • Eric Lunt
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 11, 2006