Trunked data headings in Conventional requests

  • Mike Vander Veer
    Message 1 of 12 , May 23, 2011
      Lindsay,

      While in Dayton, it was pointed out to me that there were some headings
      appearing in conventional categories related to trunking.

      Specific example, when drilling down to Warren County, KY, an entry will
      appear in the category list titled "Bowling Green - Warren County
      Trunked Systems" and has two sub-categories, but no data beyond this.

      I remember seeing it in a few other counties as the time went on...

      Is this a new feature or bug?

      Mike
    • Lindsay Blanton
      Message 2 of 12 , May 23, 2011
        Mike, we often will use a subcategory to point out to a visitor that a
        certain agency or municipality exclusively uses a trunked system for
        communications. This is normal behavior.

        Warm regards,
        --
        Lindsay C. Blanton III
        President and Owner

        On 5/23/11 9:37 AM, "Mike Vander Veer" <mbvv@...> wrote:

        >Lindsay,
        >
        >While in Dayton, it was pointed out to me that there were some headings
        >appearing in conventional categories related to trunking.
        >
        >Specific example, when drilling down to Warren County, KY, an entry will
        >appear in the category list titled "Bowling Green - Warren County
        >Trunked Systems" and has two sub-categories, but no data beyond this.
        >
        >I remember seeing it in a few other counties as the time went on...
        >
        >Is this a new feature or bug?
        >
        >Mike

      • Mike Vander Veer
        Message 3 of 12 , May 23, 2011
          OK, I had never seen that before in the web service. When it comes to
          the web service, that can be more confusing than a help.

          Thanks,
          Mike

          On 5/23/2011 12:19 PM, Lindsay Blanton wrote:
          > Mike, we often will use a subcategory to point out to a visitor that a
          > certain agency or municipality exclusively uses a trunked system for
          > communications. This is normal behavior.
          >
          > Warm regards,
          > --
          > Lindsay C. Blanton III
          > President and Owner
          > RadioReference.com LLC
          > http://www.radioreference.com
          >

          > On 5/23/11 9:37 AM, "Mike Vander Veer"<mbvv@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Lindsay,
          >>
          >> While in Dayton, it was pointed out to me that there were some headings
          >> appearing in conventional categories related to trunking.
          >>
          >> Specific example, when drilling down to Warren County, KY, an entry will
          >> appear in the category list titled "Bowling Green - Warren County
          >> Trunked Systems" and has two sub-categories, but no data beyond this.
          >>
          >> I remember seeing it in a few other counties as the time went on...
          >>
          >> Is this a new feature or bug?
          >>
          >> Mike

        • Lindsay Blanton
          Message 4 of 12 , May 23, 2011
            Mike,

            You might choose to disregard subcategories that have no frequencies in them.   In the mean time, let me see if we are sending the TRS sid's in the subcategory call – you could potentially use that data to redirect the user to the trs in those cases.
            --
            Lindsay C. Blanton III
            President and Owner

            From: Mike Vander Veer <mbvv@...>
            Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:53:58 -0400
            To: <rr_web_service@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [rr_web_service] Trunked data headings in Conventional requests

            OK, I had never seen that before in the web service. When it comes to
            the web service, that can be more confusing than a help.

            Thanks,
            Mike

            On 5/23/2011 12:19 PM, Lindsay Blanton wrote:
            > Mike, we often will use a subcategory to point out to a visitor that a
            > certain agency or municipality exclusively uses a trunked system for
            > communications. This is normal behavior.
            >
            > Warm regards,
            > --
            > Lindsay C. Blanton III
            > President and Owner
            > RadioReference.com LLC
            > http://www.radioreference.com
            >

            > On 5/23/11 9:37 AM, "Mike Vander Veer"<mbvv@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Lindsay,
            >>
            >> While in Dayton, it was pointed out to me that there were some headings
            >> appearing in conventional categories related to trunking.
            >>
            >> Specific example, when drilling down to Warren County, KY, an entry will
            >> appear in the category list titled "Bowling Green - Warren County
            >> Trunked Systems" and has two sub-categories, but no data beyond this.
            >>
            >> I remember seeing it in a few other counties as the time went on...
            >>
            >> Is this a new feature or bug?
            >>
            >> Mike

          • Mike Vander Veer
            Message 5 of 12 , May 23, 2011
              OK, Thanks.

              Mike

              On 5/23/2011 1:10 PM, Lindsay Blanton wrote:

              > Mike,
              >
              > You might choose to disregard subcategories that have no frequencies in
              > them. In the mean time, let me see if we are sending the TRS sid's in
              > the subcategory call – you could potentially use that data to redirect
              > the user to the trs in those cases.
              > --
              > Lindsay C. Blanton III
              > President and Owner
              > RadioReference.com LLC
              > http://www.radioreference.com
              >

              > From: Mike Vander Veer <mbvv@...
              > <mailto:mbvv@...>>
              > Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:53:58 -0400
              > To: <rr_web_service@yahoogroups.com <mailto:rr_web_service@yahoogroups.com>>
              > Subject: Re: [rr_web_service] Trunked data headings in Conventional requests
              >
              > OK, I had never seen that before in the web service. When it comes to
              > the web service, that can be more confusing than a help.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Mike
              >
              > On 5/23/2011 12:19 PM, Lindsay Blanton wrote:
              >> Mike, we often will use a subcategory to point out to a visitor that a
              >> certain agency or municipality exclusively uses a trunked system for
              >> communications. This is normal behavior.
              >>
              >> Warm regards,
              >> --
              >> Lindsay C. Blanton III
              >> President and Owner
              >> RadioReference.com LLC
              >> http://www.radioreference.com
              >>

              >> On 5/23/11 9:37 AM, "Mike Vander Veer"<mbvv@...
              > <mailto:mbvv%40wideopenwest.com>> wrote:
              >>
              >> > Lindsay,
              >> >
              >> > While in Dayton, it was pointed out to me that there were some headings
              >> > appearing in conventional categories related to trunking.
              >> >
              >> > Specific example, when drilling down to Warren County, KY, an entry will
              >> > appear in the category list titled "Bowling Green - Warren County
              >> > Trunked Systems" and has two sub-categories, but no data beyond this.
              >> >
              >> > I remember seeing it in a few other counties as the time went on...
              >> >
              >> > Is this a new feature or bug?
              >> >
              >> > Mike

            • Don Starr
              Message 6 of 12 , May 23, 2011

                I think one would have to go further: disregard any subcategories that have no frequencies, as well as any categories whose subcategories were all “disregarded”.

                (soapUI, using “version=latest”, doesn’t indicate any TRS sid info for these subcategories in either the getCountyInfo call or the getSubcatFreqs call.)

                -Don

                From: Mike Vander Veer <mbvv@...>
                Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:53:58 -0400
                To: <rr_web_service@yahoogroups.com>

                OK, I had never seen that before in the web service. When it comes to
                the web service, that can be more confusing than a help.

                Thanks,
                Mike

                On 5/23/2011 12:19 PM, Lindsay Blanton wrote:
                > Mike, we often will use a subcategory to point out to a visitor that a
                > certain agency or municipality exclusively uses a trunked system for
                > communications. This is normal behavior.
                >
                > Warm regards,
                > --
                > Lindsay C. Blanton III
                > President and Owner
                > RadioReference.com LLC
                > http://www.radioreference.com
                >

                > On 5/23/11 9:37 AM, "Mike Vander Veer"<mbvv@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Lindsay,
                >>
                >> While in Dayton , it was pointed out to me that there were some headings
                >> appearing in conventional categories related to trunking.
                >>
                >> Specific example, when drilling down to Warren County, KY, an entry will
                >> appear in the category list titled " Bowling Green - Warren County
                >> Trunked Systems" and has two sub-categories, but no data beyond this.
                >>
                >> I remember seeing it in a few other counties as the time went on...
                >>
                >> Is this a new feature or bug?
                >>
                >> Mike

              • Lindsay Blanton
                Message 7 of 12 , May 23, 2011
                  Thanks for checking in to that Don.  I'll look to get that data added in a future version of the Web service release.
                  --
                  Lindsay C. Blanton III
                  President and Owner

                  From: Starr Don <don@...>