Re: Ideas on die rolling mechanics

  • Lord Korath
    Message 1 of 106 , Feb 1, 1999
      <<
      This sounds interesting, but the hit locations table must be relatively
      small, since it means that you don't have the full range of percentage rolls
      for possible reversals (On a roll-under system presumably your chance of
      actually hitting a target on a 90-00 roll is very rare, most of the time you
      are shaving at least 10% off the local range).

      I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the above. All attack rolls are
      reversed. Hit Locations table must be relatively small ? Shaving at least
      10% off the local range ?

      <<
      What is the body location table range that they use in regards to numbers?

      Below is the hit location chart. After rolling to attack, reverse the two
      numbers (If you rolled below your chance to hit).
      Reversed Roll Area hit Relative percentage
      01-15 Head 15%
      16-35 Right Arm 20%
      36-55 Left Arm 20%
      56-80 Body 25%
      81-90 Right Leg 10%
      91-00 Left Leg 10%

      This is the same as I use, but I believe I'll jumble it around abit so I
      don't look like I'm just copying it from somewhere else.

      Anyways, as always.

      ---
      Lord Korath,
      Knight of the Rose
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~lord_korath/

    • Joseph Teller
      Message 106 of 106 , Feb 10, 1999
        Sorry for the misunderstanding in what you meant, Tony.

        Joe

        Fantasy Realms Journal Staff Member

        http://www.fantasyrealms.simplenet.com
        kiralee@... joeteller@...
        Online Clubhouse: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/shadowbindingsrpg

        Shadow Bindings RPG V4.0 is now available at the Journal!