Re: [rpc-electronics] Re: New YagTracker Firmware Results...I Killed Mine

  • lists@ke4nyv.com
    Message 1 of 32 , May 4, 2012
      Joseph,

      Ucon is a minimal terminal with excellent XMODEM capability.  I run through the steps:

      1. Start of Ucon
      2. You'll be presented with a setup window.  Select the com port number from the drop down that you are using.  Set the baud rate to 19.2 and make sure RTS/CTS and XON/XOFF are UNCHECKED.
      3. Clock OK.  The config window should go away and a terminal window should pop up in it's place.
      4. Make sure the YagTracker is connected to your serial port and turn it on.
      5. You should get a loader prompt.  As soon as you see this, press the Enter key on your keyboard to put the YagTracker into bootload mode.  If you do this correctly, the YagTracker will start sending a single character over and over.  This let's you know that the YagTracker is ready to receive the firmware image file.
      6. Click on the Transfer menu at the top and select XMODEM.
      7. Click the Browse button to select the YagTracker firmware image file: yagtracker1_44b.bin (located at: http://www.rpc-electronics.com/yagtracker/firmware/yagtracker1_44b.bin)
      8. Click the Send button to start the load.
      9. When the load is complete, the YagTracker will reset it'self and it should come up in normal run mode, displaying the YagTracker banner on the LCD for a couple of seconds and then go right into normal operation.

      Run through this procedure and let us know if you are successful.  I have yet to do anything that completely cripples the bootloader during a failed load.  It's fairly good at recovering with a simple power down/power up to get it back into the bootload mode again.

      I'll be updating the manual to suggest use of Ucon, instead of TerraTerm and I will put a similar procedure to the one above in the manual, in place of the procedure currently in the manual.

      Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics, LLC
      www.rpc-electronics.com

      On 2012-05-04, at 8:14, lists@... wrote:

      > Actually, I haven't updated the manual yet because I was waiting to update for the next firmware revision. In the meantime, here is a direct download link to Ucon:
      >
      > http://www.umonfw.com/releases/ucon_install.exe
      >
      > Also, I would like to suggest to anyone with a YagTracker to join us in the YagTracker forum:

    • qp2trz
      Message 32 of 32 , May 14, 2012
        Gentlemen,

        Still debating the next firmware release?

        Regards,

        Joseph VA3GOC