Re: Egli "Bullet" review

  • fromthe1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi All,

      Thanks for the response, Hey I am not going to plunk any change on a
      bike. I am just looking for information, you're right it's not worth
      the price IMHO.

      regards

      - resh

      --- In royalenfield@egroups.com, "George Dockray" <gdockray@z...>
      wrote:
      > If you understand French there is an article on the Egli Bullet
      here:

      > http://perso.club-internet.fr/cbreysse/constructeurs/egli/egli.html
      >
      > George Dockray
      > http://www.george-dockray.com/enfield/enfieldbullets.html
      >
      > --- In royalenfield@egroups.com, fromthe1@h... wrote:
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Last or early this year there was a german language motorcylce
      > > magazine that reviewed Egli's bullet. It was a red bike in a
      cafe
      > > racer get up. Mag wheels, disk brakes the works with 30,000 CHF
      > price
      > > tag!
      > >
      > > The magazine may have been swiss,
      > >
      > > I tried calling the folks at Egli Racing but Mr. Egli is out on
      > > vacation and the staff does not know the name of the magazine.
      > >
      > > I am seeking the specs on this bike and some pictures.
      > >
      > > Does anyone have any pictures/specs?
      > >
      > > - resh
    • JanÅke Lang
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
        The Norman Hyde Bullet TT lookalike is quite qute! But the price is also
        in the skies. T's a pity, nice bike!

        Jan

        _______________________________
        JanÅke & Katarina Lang
        CURVES & PIXELS / SPINIFEX / BULLETS MCC
        Mudda Waddo, Parra, Bardez, Goa, Indien.
        Ph 0832-409081 Mob: 9823113740
        mailto:spinifex@...
      • JanÅke Lang
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
          I have a similar view to Jan, Egli gained fame making a frame for the
          >Vincent twin for hill climbs. The Vincent in its standard frame held
          >most speed records, the Egli frame to me was fashionable rather than
          >functional, does this say something about the Egli Bullet!!.

          -It says a lot of the Swiss in general, where would they be without the
          Jew's Holocost Gold??
          -making very precise high tech co-co clocks for the japanese I guess.
          Remember any famous Swiss people off hand??? Sports or otherwise?? any Miss
          World's? (India has five these days!! congrats!!!)

          Nice army knives I agree and a kinda wierd SLR camera in the sixites called
          Alpha that was beyond belief in acuracy but not even film notices the
          difference between 1/ 1999 th of a second to 1/2000 th of a second in real
          life. Choclate of the first rate too but that's more the wifes
          department...

          There has been some talk of the swiss suffering from iodine deficiency
          (being a mountain nation and thus not having direct acess to the iodine of
          the sea in fish and kelp) and that it makes your brain much smaller and
          less useful it you are deprived of iodine in the first part of your life i
          e growing up, it was first noticed by WHO in Switzerland and is a general
          problem in developing countries these days among them India, Pakistan and
          Bangladesh...

          Maybe Egli is just a little short on the upstairs department by way of
          iodine shortage.

          To avoid this problem i always keep a hologen bulb (iodine light) handy and
          suck on it regularly to keep the faculties I do have left....

          Jan

          _______________________________
          JanÅke & Katarina Lang
          CURVES & PIXELS / SPINIFEX / BULLETS MCC
          Mudda Waddo, Parra, Bardez, Goa, Indien.
          Ph 0832-409081 Mob: 9823113740
          mailto:spinifex@...
        • gazza
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2000
            you could be right about the swiss. what about jochen sommer, he has
            a good reputation with enfield tuning and he will use egli parts?

          • bulldogsmle@yahoo.com.au
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2000
              --- In royalenfield@egroups.com, JanÅke Lang <spinifex@s...> wrote:
              > I have a similar view to Jan, Egli gained fame making a frame for
              the
              > >Vincent twin for hill climbs. The Vincent in its standard frame
              held
              > >most speed records, the Egli frame to me was fashionable rather
              than
              > >functional, does this say something about the Egli Bullet!!.
              >
              > -It says a lot of the Swiss in general, where would they be without
              the
              > Jew's Holocost Gold??
              > -making very precise high tech co-co clocks for the japanese I
              guess.
              > Remember any famous Swiss people off hand??? Sports or otherwise??

              Hello again chums ,

              I always enjoy reading other posts to fill my void of knowledge ,
              quite a lot for this old duffer to catch up -–don't yer know ! I
              must say that I agree most wholeheartedly with Jan's sentiments
              ,please leave our Enfields alone ,they are quite lovely as they are .

              I had a peek at this Eggy bike – what a monstrosity ! Seems to me a
              chap would have to have a hormone problem to enjoy riding a thing
              like that , the only thing that I could imagine being worse is a
              "chopper" ,-Thrusty Smallpiece- a young apprentice- in the village
              had one once . I had to turn the dogs on him and horsewhip the cad –
              he had completely ruined a perfectly good Triumph , what a dreadful
              thing to do to one of Mr Turner's creations !

              Remember; if we British had wanted you to have silly motorbikes, we
              would have made them that way , but we didn't --so you must jolly
              well leave them alone !
              [ it matters not a jot that Enfields are now made in India –they
              were conceived in Blighty !]

              Very strange people the Swiss -don't yer know ! never thought much
              about the iodine – I always thought it was sexual frustration brought
              about by all that yodelling across the mountains that shrunk their
              brains . Good mountain fighters though , credit where it's due ,
              William Tell was a bit of a rascal too ! Care for an apple Jan ? –
              suppose not eh ? "Bad form" for them to have been "NEUTRAL" in the
              last World conflict ,don't yer think ?- Lot of good chaps – on both
              sides – died fighting ,whilst the Neutered –sorry neutrals sat at
              home ! –only a few days since I was stood at attention at our little
              cenotaph [on Rememberance Day] – a British soldier's son played
              "the last post" on a German bugle [a gift ,not a spoil of war ] -
              very moving ,put a tear in old Bunty's eye !

              I noticed that Jan is writing from India ,-dreadful place --
              absolutely teeming with bloody foreigners – very glad to hear that we
              all have arseholes too ,awfully glad you pointed that out .
              `Wouldn't do' for a chap to go to India without one ,-especially an
              opinionated one,--don't yer see !

              Must run along , the landlord at the Kickstarter's Arms is tapping a
              new barrel of Megaphone Twitter Ale and the memsahib is away for the
              weekend , too good to be true !
              " Miss Everready –don your thigh boots and start the Bullet , ----
              Firkin --bring me my new helmet and we shall be away before the Ale
              spoileth !"
              Tally ho !
              Stay out of the sun [ it's a "mad dogs and Englishmen"'s domain –
              old bean ! ]
              Your pal
              Maj Bunty Golightly MFH , SOT [and bar ] , BSA [ret'd] , NUT
              [restored]

              > _______________________________
              > JanÅke & Katarina Lang
              > CURVES & PIXELS / SPINIFEX / BULLETS MCC
              > Mudda Waddo, Parra, Bardez, Goa, Indien.
              > Ph 0832-409081 Mob: 9823113740
              > mailto:spinifex@s...
            • srinidhi Raghavendra
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 3, 2000
                You guys come to INDIA to have an exotic holiday for dirt cheap prices and
                you call this a dreadful place. It is fast becoming one why ? because of YOU
                BLOODY FOREIGNERS who come here from $ rich countries and try to buy us out.
                Leave us alone and our country will become a better place to live.