Re: leaky gas cocks

  • William
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2013
      Thanks Pete. I do have the factory manual (from 1945!!), but was hoping to get more of your style of manual. Seeing that you're probably up to your eyeballs in snow up there, why don't you come down here to Washington, DC to experience the '45 WD and write a new manual. I'll even provide a TV in the garage to you can watch hockey!

      I'll be looking into the corks in a few days, after I tend to house chores, but will email when Ido.

      Thanks again for the help.

      Bill

      --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, P Snidal <snidepete@...> wrote:

      > At 10:58 AM 2/21/2013, you wrote:
      > >Thanks Pete!!!! Do you actually have a manual for '45 WD Enfields?
      >
      > Nope. If you read the forward from my current one, you'd see that
      > when I had one (~'54), I couldn't find much on it. You can get the
      > factory one from Gordon May at royalenfieldbooks.co.uk or I think
      > from Hitchcock's. And a copy of _Modern_Motorcycle_Mechanics by
      > Nicholson Bros (also Canadians) wouldn't hurt much either! It's also
      > a great coffee-table manual for any bike fan!
      > Good luck with it! (ps did you find them corks in your gas taps yet?)
      > ps
      >

      > >If so, I'll buy it!!!! I have your Bullet manual (but can't find it
      > >anywhere!!!) for my '06 Iron Barrel. I don't know if you remember
      > >me, but 4 years ago you were nice enough to email me 2 chapters of
      > >your book while I was waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Thanks again!

    • P Snidal
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2013
        At 11:58 AM 2/21/2013, you wrote:
        Thanks Pete!!!!  Do you actually have a manual for '45 WD Enfields?

        No, not specifically.  There's a bit of coverage of specific diffs at the rear of the regular CD.  Stuff like timing the magdyno, general dynamo maintenance, basic magneto troubleshooting, like that.  Not much.
        Try royalenfieldbooks.com  I think Gordon may have reprints of the original Redditch "manuals."  Mind you, they're the reason I wrote mine, but any port in a storm, they say.... 8-)

        I have your Bullet manual (but can't find it anywhere!!!) for my '06 Iron Barrel.

        Keep looking!  I think you'll find parts of it useful.  Did you ditch the Indian Enfield, then?

        I don't know if you remember me, but 4 years ago you were nice enough to email me 2 chapters of your book while I was waiting for it to arrive in the mail.  Thanks again!

        Thought I remembered your name, Bill!  (The Fanjoy part, that is!)  You're/were welcome!
        And if you can't find your Snidal CD, I'll send you a fresh copy for a mere $20.00 How's that sound?
        ps