Re: [Enfield] Interceptor rescued from scrap heap for $150

  • Tom Lyons
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
      Cool story!
      Thanks David.

      From: David in Fort Lauderdale <davidablasco@...>
      To: royalenfield@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:24 AM
      Subject: [Enfield] Interceptor rescued from scrap heap for $150

      So a guy hears that an "old Royal Enfield" is going to be scrapped and asks to see it. It's an Interceptor, dirty and buried under trash but reasonably complete. He rescues it: for $150. I don't usually tout my blog here, but this is a pretty good story. Here's the link:

      http://www.royalenfields.com/2013/02/royal-enfield-interceptor-rescued-on.html

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/apkryau

      I did once fine a small Japanese motorcycle in a garbage heap (and even it had a hole in the motor). I was on my bicycle and couldn't work out a way to save it. I'd have tried harder for an Interceptor.

      All best,

      David in Fort Lauderdale