Re: starts, but.......

  • autofcs
    Message 1 of 96 , Aug 1, 2010
      Hi,

      In my 5.5 years of ownership I've learnt that one symptom can have any one or more factors at its source and so its difficult to pinpoint one source. For example, today I went to buy a new spark plug. Took my old plug there and the spares guy tells me that the plug cap is a little too much. He made some adjustments and asked me to try it for a few days. Put the plug back in and there is less of misfire.

      Will try this for a week and I honestly hope it works.

      However, I still want to change the jets of the CV carb. Need help on the following:

      •Can anyone please provide me with the stock sizes.
      •Also what is the best place to start for the idle mixture screw
      •I've actually tried tuning the carb according to the idle mixture and idle screw. When I tweak around with the idle mixture screw, I dont see any difference in the rpm, when I make it lean or rich. Could anyone provide a more detailed way to tune the CV carb?
    • Vinci
      Message 96 of 96 , Sep 15, 2010
        Well sorted implement, that, if one recalls that th erstwhile cavemen
        employed a similar method ages ago with clubs.
        According to information, it was even a fun, honourable thing! Sadists.
        It's likely th hoods are turning in their fossil beds in glee to know
        that their enlightened method isn't lost in time! Vinci.