File - RELISTUSE.txt

  • royalenfield@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 166 , Jun 1, 2008
      Royal Enfield Mailing List - a note from the moderator

      "Guidelines for Use"... sent automatically on joining,
      and each month thereafter. Updated occasionally.

      This list was created for the fun, enjoyment and benefit of
      enthusiasts of Royal Enfield motorcycles. Anyone is welcome to join and participate, providing they don't interfere with others' enjoyment.

      Discussions are about Motorcycling in general, Enfield in particular.
      If you have something to say that is not strictly motorcycle related,
      that's OK, but please make it clear in the TITLE OF YOUR MESSAGE
      e.g. "OFF TOPIC - ................"

      Messages discussing WARS, RACE, RELIGION, POLITICS or USING INSULTING OR
      ABUSIVE LANGUAGE are not acceptable. If you want to discuss any of these, moan, argue, insult and other fun things, just join Angrylist by emailing to:

      Subscribe: Angrylist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: Angrylist@yahoogroups.com

      If you take grievous exception to someone elses messages, take it
      up with them off-list, or email me, the moderator, using this address:

      manorfarmrd@... (active from Oct 2003). The old email is out of use, spammed to death, so messages no longer get through to me there. This one is unfortunately also being heavily spammed, so please be patient.

      When replying to a message, please include ONLY AS MUCH OF THE
      who read the messages as a daily digest don't end up reading the same
      messages over and over and over.....

      MEANINGFUL MESSAGE TITLES HELP EVERYONE! Don't be scared to make it
      clear exactly what your message is about! The title can be as long
      as you want to make it.

      Feel free to use the files and photo areas. They may be cleared down
      from time to time, so keep a copy of any valuable info or photos on
      your own machine. If you know how, please keep filesizes under 100K,
      to conserve space and speed up display. Photos that I like may be
      used on the home page of the group. If you want me to use a particular
      photo, let me know and I probably will.

      To increase your enjoyment of the group, you are strongly recommended
      to make yourself familiar with how to access the group facilities
      via the home page at

      Here you can read/search all our old messages, get all sorts of HELP,
      upload files and photos and change your email delivery settings.
      You may have to register with yahoogroups to do this. This will
      involve supplying your email address and a few other personal
      details. Apart from your email address, I reckon you can make up
      all these details if you think they are being passed to the FBI.

      The moderator's decision is final - but he will negotiate on most
      things.

      In case you wondered, as moderator, I don't get anything out of this,
      except for a bit/lot of aggravation and a bit/lot of enjoyment. If you have
      any questions or comments, drop me an email.

      I own a 1952 Royal Enfield Model G which I ride at every opportunity
      (i.e. between breakdowns - if anyone has a decent MO1L magneto to spare, let me know!). I have been known to ride bikes of various other nationalities and marques.

      Regards
      Martin Walton
      moderator
      manorfarmrd@...
    • greenknight0102
      Message 166 of 166 , Apr 6 12:06 PM

        To everyone who was kind enough to replied here to my post, I say thank you for the comments and advice. The replies were interesting and informative. There are several dealers within a ressonable driving distance from where I live in Massachusetts, USA. I plan on visiting them soon...

        Thanks, (or as you blokes say in the UK "Cheers!")

        John