Re: Will not idle.

  • enfieldlover2000
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 1, 2007
      Tim,

      > Yes, I did see that in Jeffery Diamond's Amal tuning book about the
      > slide:
      >
      > "An extreme bore size increase or stroke, or a compression ration
      > increase of more than approximately one point may require a larger
      > (leaner) slide."
      >
      > But there are so many things, or more correctly, combinations of
      > things. It is getting a bit trying.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > CJay
      >

      > > It is.
      > > Fit a leaner throtle slide for the time being, or if you are
      > careful
      > > you can always file a 1/16th of an inch of the cutway; raising the
      > > cutaway up, but feather out the filing so as to NOT take any metal
      > away
      > > from the bottom of the slide. IF you do opt to increase the cut-
      > away by
      > > filing MARK the slide accordingly on its underside, next to where
      > the
      > > cables go through...
      > > If the bike runs with the pilot air screwed all the way home then
      > you
      > > have a worn slide and body; you will get to that point in about a
      > year
      > > or so...
      > > The reason why I said ' fit a leaner throttle slide for the time
      > being'
      > > is that when the bike is fully run in and you get around to getting
      > the
      > > main jet correct, you may find that what you have currently fitted
      > is
      > > too large. In which event you 'may' find that the richer slide will
      > > perform OK with a smaller main jet...
      > >
      > > Tim
      > > N.Z.

      Cjay
      Also try this,run with the fuel cap loose,Also try turning fuel tap
      off while idling,does it clear up as fuel level drops.Same again what
      happens if you tickle carb while idling.

      Colin.
    • fiferwd@aol.com
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 5, 2007
        I've never had a problem heel-n-toeing sports cars. The real PITA is
        when it stalls on a four lane road at a light, in the left hand lane up
        against a curb with no shoulder on the road around the DC metro area
        with 10,000 or so cars behind you and you have to get off, put her up
        on the center stand and struggle for 5 minutes to get it restarted. It
        is more than just a PITA. It is down right dangerous.

        No help offered here, but hey CJ, where in the DC Metro area do you hang out?? I work at the USDOT just down the street from the Washington Navy Yard.

        william.deutermann@...

        I have the original 500 cc, and I also have idling problems.? I have to constantly retweak the timing and the idle speed.? I know what you mean about stalling in DC traffic -- that's the only time I need the ES feature!
        Yrs,
        Bill