[Enfield] Spark Plugs?

  • Leon.Down@dcita.gov.au
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
      A question.

      Can anybody suggest "western" plugs to use in Indian built Bullet 350.
      Champion? NGK? Bosch?

      Its high summer here in Oz. I have been enjoying the occasional ride to
      and from work on my toy. I go via quiet suburban streets. Ponk ponk ponk
      tikka tikka ponk in and out of the shade of leafy green tress and warm sun.
      Smelling morning dew, fresh cut lawns, listening to the cicadas. Its almost
      worth the day at work just to ride home again inthe afternoon, more leafy
      shade and hot sun shine.

      I hope your northern winters are not too tough.

      And the smell of hot oil did I mention the oil? Or do you all
      automatically assume the smell of oil?

      Leon

      Leon.Down@...

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/royalenfield
    • Mark Fielder
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 1999
        In my 350 Bullet, I use NGK B6HS or B7HS. Both seem ok, the 7 is a hotter
        plug.

        Regarding the hot oil whiff, you should be using a straight 40 or even 50
        in high summer, otherwise you will get the smell of hot oil, very hot oil!

        It's nice day here in London, so I commuted in by Bullet today. Mild, dry
        and sunny - so far.

        regards

        Mark.

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/royalenfield
      • Viv Wright
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 1999
          Good idea re: the oil. Did you change the gear ratio ie the engine
          sprocket? I have a left hand changer which is not very effective and
          apparently I have to change to a right hand gear shift to be able to change
          the engine sprocket as it otherwise fouls the linkage, is this true? any
          suggestions most welcome. My bike is a Madras 500 '95 Bullet

          Regards

          Viv

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 1999
            I have kept the standard gear ratios on my 350 because I do a lot of town
            riding here in London and it's useful to be able to trickle through the
            traffic jams like a vintage trials rider, as well as accelerate faster than
            most cars.

            To be honest, I'm not sure that a 350 Bullet will have the guts to pull a
            higher ratio. I am working on a revised cylinder head which hopefull should
            give me a bit more power.

            By rights, no motorcycle should have a left-hand shift. Try walking along
            swinging your left arm and left leg together. Feels wrong doesn't it?
            Likewise with a left hand clutch and shift. A down for up change is a very
            traditional British feature too. Again it's like walking - press down with
            the foot to move faster.

            regards

            Mark.

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/royalenfield