Cork seal thingie....

  • Marin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Just wondering: The famous cork seal - is it always made od cork?
      Because, I'm not 100% sure, but I think my seal is made of rubber (I
      didn't want to remove it just out couriosity).
      If it is rubber one, why would anyone still use the cork one. I
      ordered a small bag of cork ones, scared by the tales on older
      Bulleters! :)

      //Marin
    • hux1701
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        Older bullets (Pre-June 1999?) are fitted with a cork seal that slot
        nicely into the pump worm nut. New bullets are fitted with a
        neoprene rubber seal bonded into said pump worm nut.

        You're unlikely to be able to remove your rubber seal with the pump
        worm in situ. You'll have to take the timing cover off to change
        it. That's why I personally prefer the cork versions, makes my life
        that little bit easier.

        Best wishes, Martin

        --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, "Marin" <marin.vardic@z...>
        wrote:
        > Just wondering: The famous cork seal - is it always made od cork?
        > Because, I'm not 100% sure, but I think my seal is made of rubber
        (I
        > didn't want to remove it just out couriosity).
        > If it is rubber one, why would anyone still use the cork one. I
        > ordered a small bag of cork ones, scared by the tales on older
        > Bulleters! :)
        >
        > //Marin
      • Patrick Crum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
          I prefer the cork ones myself- they're cheap and easier to change. The
          neoprene ones tend to come out in pieces, inside the timing chest, or so
          I've been told.
          Pat

          Just wondering: The famous cork seal - is it always made od cork?
          Because, I'm not 100% sure, but I think my seal is made of rubber (I
          didn't want to remove it just out couriosity).
          If it is rubber one, why would anyone still use the cork one. I
          ordered a small bag of cork ones, scared by the tales on older
          Bulleters! :)

          //Marin

          Your personal settings are at:
          Our old messages are at:
          To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
          royalenfield-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • jabrady1234
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
            don't know what seal you have, you didn't mention year model. there
            are 3 kinds of seals. cork,neoprene, and neoprene molded to worm
            gear.the first 2 are interchangeable with cork being the safest to
            use(the neoprene will go brittle and crumble).the molded to gear
            seal can be back dated to gear and seal, which would be the
            preferred type(easy to
            service).aj