Re: [Enfield] The positive side of troubleshooting in the rain.

  • Simon Schuh
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
      Pat
      is that seafoam as in the stuff you find at the beach?
      Simon
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
        http://www.seafoamsales.com/
        Pat

        > is that seafoam as in the stuff you find at the beach?
        > Simon

      • Simon Schuh
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
          Pat
          Sorry I feel like an idiot never heard of the stuff before.
          is it any good?
          Simon
          > > is that seafoam as in the stuff you find at the beach?
          > > Simon

        • Patrick Crum
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
            I've never used it, but I hear it's good. Some guys over on Bulletech
            mentioned using it about a year ago with positive results.

          • Charles Statman
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
              Clark's Corvair, who remanufacture MOST parts for Corvairs,
              www.corvair.com make a water injection kit. I installed one on one
              of the hot rods a few years ago, it worked best as a "knock
              eliminator" I also have friends who ran them on VWs for performance
              improvement.

              In the end, I do not believe it is a good idea to have a big plastic
              water tank above your motor.

              --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Schuh" <schuh@o...> wrote:
              > I'm sure it was on an old ford falcon that I saw it and you could
              buy them
              > as kits you fitted yourselves, I wonder what happened to them
              > Simon
            • giarcstrebor2003
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
                Pat,

                You've burst my bubble!! we're moving to the coast in a few weeks and
                there I was thinking I'll be able to de-coke my bike with the
                lashings of 'sea foam' off the beach!!

                Regards - Craig

                --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Crum" <pcrum@w...>
                wrote:
                > http://www.seafoamsales.com/
                > Pat

                > > Pat
                > > is that seafoam as in the stuff you find at the beach?
                > > Simon
              • patrickjcrum
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
                  Well just go ahead and ride the bullet straight into the surf until
                  it gets so deep that it dies and you have to drag it back up onto the
                  beach! By the time you've torn it down and rebuilt it to get it
                  running again, you'll basically be into a new engine anyway,
                  therefore no need to decocke!
                  Pat

                  --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, "giarcstrebor2003"
                  <craigw.roberts@n...> wrote:

                  > Pat,
                  >
                  > You've burst my bubble!! we're moving to the coast in a few weeks
                  and
                  > there I was thinking I'll be able to de-coke my bike with the
                  > lashings of 'sea foam' off the beach!!
                  >
                  > Regards - Craig
                  >

                  > --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Crum" <pcrum@w...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > http://www.seafoamsales.com/
                  > > Pat
                  >
                  > > > Pat
                  > > > is that seafoam as in the stuff you find at the beach?
                  > > > Simon
                • David Hill
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 1, 2004
                    >> Water injection is also > used for de-coking cylinder heads. It's done by
                    running the engine at > enough rev's that it isn't going to stall out and
                    lightly spraying some > water from an atomizer bottle into the carb intake
                    (without filter).
                    > EoinC

                    > Have you or any one else used this method?? Mike

                    Yep. Did it on Sunday, in fact. Strong suggestion you change the oil
                    afterwards, so do it just before oilchange.
                    dave