Re: [Enfield] Strange comments!

  • Fraggle Cat
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
      Jan Lang <jan@...> writes
      >I'm talking Rental bikes in Goa, new one
      >year, crap the next, gone the third year, sold
      >out of state (Delhi) for a pitance as they are
      >too expensive to restore when everything has been
      >abused and worn down without proper maintainence.
      >Stupid brits on vacation mostly, a few Israelis
      >and a few Germans do all that damage. None of
      >them bikers, as it where...

      The blame can hardly be levelled at those that hire of the bikes, it's
      not their fault the stupid rental owners don't properly prepare the
      bikes (run them in etc.) and do necessary maintenance on them between
      (and during) the rental period.

      --
      Jeremy
    • Stephen Watson
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
        I can reply to that

        Having worked in the rental industry both in Europe and New Zealand on bike ranging from the MZ to BMWs , its a matter of cost.  The bikes earn money, they only earn money when they are on hire.. New bikes have a warranty , then at a certain milage they become uneconomic to run. GS 150 BMs about 80 000 km.  You can get more but depends on you market ..ie you cant charged top dollar on a 100000km  bike ..
        As for running them in , foget that. they arive get PDI  then go out on hire.  If after they reach there breakeven point they still are servicable then its all profit.
        Even tyres . some places fling a new set every hire ..others try and eeke the last out of every set

        Unfortuantly the Bullet is still a bike

        Stephen
        >I'm talking Rental bikes in Goa, new one
        >year, crap the next, gone the third year, sold
        >out of state (Delhi) for a pitance as they are
        >too expensive to restore when everything has been
        >abused and worn down without proper maintainence.
        >Stupid brits on vacation mostly, a few Israelis
        >and a few Germans do all that damage. None of
        >them bikers, as it where...

        The blame can hardly be levelled at those that hire of the bikes, it's
        not their fault the stupid rental owners don't properly prepare the
        bikes (run them in etc.) and do necessary maintenance on them between
        (and during) the rental period.

        --
        Jeremy

        Your personal settings are at:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jan Lang
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2004
          Jeremy! NO it can ALL be blamed on the stupid
          moronic tourist wannebe bikers that never even
          had a moped and that during their holiday run the
          rented Bullets like DOG's, pissed as skunks, on
          the streets and roads of India. Pox on them all!
          Jan
          --
          _______________________________
          JanÅke Lang
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2004

             but it's good business for india, no?  tourist dollars spent repairing damaged property, creation of spare bullet parts, etc...
            :)
            jig

            Jeremy! NO it can ALL be blamed on the stupid
            moronic tourist wannebe bikers that never even
            had a moped and that during their holiday run the
            rented Bullets like DOG's, pissed as skunks, on
            the streets and roads of India. Pox on them all!
            Jan
            --
            _______________________________
            JanÅke Lang
            CURVES & PIXELS
            Stockholm SWEDEN
            Phone: 08-662 16 17
            Mobile: 070-4080881
            http://www.users.wineasy.se/curves
            mailto:jan@...

            Your personal settings are at:
            To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
            royalenfield-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            In 2004,  look for the continuing Adventures of Herojig, as seen in the Nepali Times!
          • Sean Moran
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2004
              Jan, for New years you should stop beating around the bush, Say what
              you really feel!!
              I hope to be one of those tourists next year.
              Sean.

              --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, Jan Lang <jan@s...> wrote:
              > Jeremy! NO it can ALL be blamed on the stupid
              > moronic tourist wannebe bikers that never even
              > had a moped and that during their holiday run the
              > rented Bullets like DOG's, pissed as skunks, on
              > the streets and roads of India. Pox on them all!
              > Jan
            • Jan Lang
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2004
                Sean! Welcome, very welcome! I know you won't
                dare to trash a nice bike just because you can!
                I'm sure you're a bigger man than that! Look me
                up when you get here, -beers, lies, tall tales of
                extrodinary exploits... Jan
                --
                _______________________________
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2004
                  Such a shame on a bunch of nice bikes wasted on
                  morons that have no clue and don't appriciate it.
                  -Man U go! duhhhh.... -Liverpool rules duuuhh....
                  guy's with a keen interest in football, casual
                  sex, beer and brawling. And with a lower IQ than
                  shoesize gets to trash a classic bike, why?
                  -because of...currency exchange! The moron has
                  more money than the people where he spends his
                  vacation (the cheapest place he could find -who's
                  suprised) It's just so SAD! Machines have souls
                  too! OMPH Jan
                  --