[Enfield] Re: Cheers

  • Jan Lang
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      > Maybe they could give us each a free bike ,like when software gets
      >beta tested?:-)
      >
      > I would like mine in black please.

      -Good idea Snoddy! -I want mine Cherry Red, Classic with 535cc, right
      geared 4 speed and without the ES Please...

      Jan
      --
      _______________________________
      JanÅke Lang
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2003
        Ok ppl I have been away too long and as such din't remain in touch.
        well nice to know that Sean's bike is doing good and Dave found his
        oil seals and Sean not to worry I will pass on your sugeestion
        (Chennai ppl need to pay some consultation fees to these ppl) as I
        live in India (heck I will).
        But I want to share a terrible incident which happened to me
        recently. Few days back I left home to leave for work in the
        afternoon and when going over the first flyover (it actually curves
        to the left quite steep) I saw few people who had stopped. When I
        reached the spot I saw two very young men lying face down on the road
        (they had met with an accident) and one of the guys was bleeding
        profusely form his forehead and there was a huige cut in his chin.
        The other guy's left leg was bleeding, and most probably (according
        to me) was broken. Intersting the two men were riding a Bullet
        Standard Black and the bike was all twisted up. We called up the
        Police and an ambulance and got the poor fellows to a hospital. It
        was very very obvious that the guys were going at top speed about
        80kmph and were not able to control at the turn as the tyre marks
        showed that the bike had run on to the side of the flyover and one of
        the guy's helmet was stuck in the side grill of the flyover. After
        the guy were carried off I handled the bike and took her to their
        house (which was nearby). I just wanted to share this incident. Do
        ride this wonderful piece of machine but be a little careful ... I do
        know a bullet separates the men from the boys but please be careful.
        Amardeep
        --- In royalenfield@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Moran" <yabollox2003@y...>
        wrote:
        > So I just turned 400 miles on my 2003 RE500 and She keeps getting
        > better. The gear changing is definatly easyer and the engine is
        > smoother. I have been running her in as slow as I can but its not
        > easy in a city were cars like to go 50 mph in a 30 mph zone.
        > They will just have to wait.The only things I have had to do so far
        > is to adjust the clutch cable,adjust the slack in the chain,and top
        > up the oil.
        > Not having had a bike for about 20 years,I missed out on the "not
        > having to maintain your machine phase,"I have done some
        maintainance
        > before and with the help of this group should be able to handle the
        > rest.
        > It seems to me that Royal enfield Madras needs to be paying
        > consultation fees to some people in this group as new owners like
        me
        > would be lost without them.
        > I dont think you could get this kind of after sales service from
        any
        > other M/C company.
        > It is very reasuring knowing that if one of us has a problem we can
        > get a speedy awnser from a panel of "been there fixed that" guys.
        > Although there seems to be mostly the same names popping up daily,
        > You are giving valuble information to hundredsaround the world,
        > (even the rants)Keep it up, I will let Madras know they need to
        thank
        > some folks here.
        > Cheers Sean.<be good to your selves and your RE>
      • Jan Lang
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
          On occation the Bullet has been known to separate the soul from the
          body of the rider....

          I have seen a few of those, sticky ones, before that I never knew how
          much blood and stuff could be fitted inside a skinny little guy. When
          it's all out on the tarmack it looks so much more! Heaven (and hell)
          is probably full of very surprised people that thought they where
          immortal. The usual cause of death on a bike is by stupidity -yours
          or other drivers. Same difference. Shame on the bike thou.

          BTW India has the worlds by far highest deathrate on the roads, most
          of it is on 2 wheelers. Jan
          --