Re: [Enfield] Ignition upgrade

  • Jan Lang
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2003
      Mike!

      We have lots of folks on this list and many want to upgrade immidiately
      they get it. You must be the first one I heard of that want's to upgrade
      before buying.

      Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of Indians ride the Bullet every
      day with CB's (points) without any problems. It's a 50's bike why not stay
      with the 50's technologies? They are cheap and easy to understand and fix
      when they break down. Try fixing an expensive B&B Blackbox by the side of
      the road in the rain....not likely!

      Jan

      _______________________________
      JanÃ…ke Lang
      CURVES & PIXELS
      Stockholm SWEDEN
      T: 08-662 16 17
      M: 070-4080881
      http://www.users.wineasy.se/curves
      mailto:curves@...
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2003
        I did upgrade to the electronic ignition and I don't regret it one
        bit.The points were ok but once in a while I would get a skip while
        riding the middle lane on the highway and it was not a good
        feeling,now with the elect ignition it has never happend.I do believe
        it is an improvment.And about the part breaking down,it the same story
        as when cars started to use elect ignition.People doubted.I think they
        are more reliable than points,I agree carrying a spare set of points
        give you peace of mind,and that's what it's all about.. peace of mind.
        Chris