Bullet 65

  • howard <ikissgabs@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      Has anyone seen in the Bullets 65 on the UK web site. I would like
      to know how the new five-speed transmission is performing. The new
      seat on the 65 looks nice.
    • Sean Moran
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
        We have our 1000th group member!!
        Does anybody know if and when the Bullet 65 will be introduced in
        Amerika.
        Sean
      • Jan Lang
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
          Nope, not anything befinite, but the sixty-5 has
          a fun history, it was initiated by the UK
          importer and made to order by REM, That's why it
          looks so much "the part" of a 60's Britbike. And
          now it's the hottest item in India, with an ES no
          less, they love all new toys slightly reminescent
          of any old Jap crap (the ES) but the bike is nice
          and looks good. The US will only get the Sixty-5
          with ES as standard and left handed (guess they
          can't figure out how to use the big OR the small
          lever on the right side...) At leats thet what my
          friend at REM says.
          And pretty soon too I belive, they are testing it
          out in India (one bike only) just now. I'll get
          some pics of it at the meet on the 10:th and
          11:th Jan in Goa.
          Jan
          --
          _______________________________
          JanÅke Lang
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
            >> The US will only get the Sixty-5
            with ES as standard and left handed (guess they
            can't figure out how to use the big OR the small
            lever on the right side...)<<

            I've read that the reason Americans cant get the right side shifters is that
            it's illegal. yes, they have a law for that. i can attest to the fact that
            an American can learn to use right-side shifters, although i have to admit
            the neutral lever is a challenge. My new bullet sometimes downshifts a gear
            instead of going all the way to neutral, but perhaps needs an adjustment as
            it's new from the factory. It also feels akward finding it, as the kick
            lever is often in the way. But then again, maybe it's just cause I'm
            American as you suggest...or I was at one time.

            I also hear it's illegal to register a Bullet in California, as it may not
            pass pollution requirements. Cali has some of the toughest laws for that
            kinda thing. I think the plan there was at one time to put everyone in an
            electric computerized bubble (made in China no doubt) that would run on
            rails, and that would be modern traveling. But perhaps now that Arnold is
            back, things will change and more people will start driving big loud
            cruisers, albiet with a shotgun holder on the side.

            I wish I could get my mother to move to Asia, then I would not have to deal
            with ever California again. The last time I was there, it cost me 800$ to
            get my VW Camper thru the pollution inspection process and I was road raged
            on the way down to the inspection station. Once I was on the freeway doing
            55mph, I was the slowest vehicle on the road and just pissed everyone off
            for doing the speed limit. Or perhaps it was just that they did not
            understand what the vehicle was, as it's painted and decal-ed to look like a
            Tata truck, even including a shrine box on top. But there is no hope of mom
            ever moving here. She thinks the toilets in Orange County McDonalds are
            dirty and ya can't get late night FM talk shows regarding alien abductions
            here. Ke Garne.
            Happy Holidays to you All,
            jiggy

            Nope, not anything befinite, but the sixty-5 has
            a fun history, it was initiated by the UK
            importer and made to order by REM, That's why it
            looks so much "the part" of a 60's Britbike. And
            now it's the hottest item in India, with an ES no
            less, they love all new toys slightly reminescent
            of any old Jap crap (the ES) but the bike is nice
            and looks good. The US will only get the Sixty-5
            with ES as standard and left handed (guess they
            can't figure out how to use the big OR the small
            lever on the right side...) At leats thet what my
            friend at REM says.
            And pretty soon too I belive, they are testing it
            out in India (one bike only) just now. I'll get
            some pics of it at the meet on the 10:th and
            11:th Jan in Goa.
            Jan
            --
            _______________________________
            Jan�ke Lang
            CURVES & PIXELS
            Stockholm SWEDEN
            Phone: 08-662 16 17
            Mobile: 070-4080881
            http://www.users.wineasy.se/curves
            mailto:jan@...

            Your personal settings are at:
            To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
            royalenfield-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

          • justins7
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
              I don't understand: is the Sixty-5 going to be introduced in the US or
              what?
            • XLXRider
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
                > I've read that the reason Americans cant get the right side
                shifters is that it's illegal.<

                Yeppers, it's true. In 1974 (if memory serves) some members of our
                august legislative body - I don't think a one of them at that time
                were riders - decided that it would be best if we were "standardized"
                with a left shift, right brake. Wouldn't want a rider to have to
                think when he changes bikes. Besides, you use your right foot for
                braking in your car, someone might get confused on his
                bike... it's all a crock of crap designed to fatten legislators
                wallets, just like the CHMSL (center high mounted stop light)on
                cars.
                Instead of educating drivers - up until 5 years ago, for instance,
                all you needed to get a drivers license in the state of South
                Carolina was to be 16 and sign a paper, NO DRIVERS EDUCATION was
                required!!! I lived there, so I know whereof I speak - we try to
                foolproof our vehicles with buzzers, air bags, drivetrain interlocks,
                etc. Keep in mind this is the same government that wasted hundreds
                of thousands of $$$ on a rear-steering motorcycle!
                While it's a great place to live, I often wonder how some of the
                geniuses we have in office got elected; certainly not because of an
                overabundance of grey matter!!!

                So anyway, yes it is a government mandate that all new bikes are left
                shift, right brake since 1974.

                Merry Christmas to all...
                XLXRider
              • Jan Lang
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 27, 2003
                  Jiggy! You can't help that you are from the US
                  more than I can help I was born in Sweden. We all
                  have bagage. Getting out from under it is the big
                  trick. And you seem to have done that. The US is
                  getting wierder by the minute. I'm still waiting
                  for Arnold to be elected president and founding
                  the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library (like in
                  the Stallone movie Demolition Man). Funny thing
                  about California, they have the strictest
                  pollution laws and still have the worst smog
                  (outside Bombay), how is that possible?? Jan
                  --