Re: [Enfield] What can cause this?

  • JanÅke Lang
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2002
      Clean out the carb, check how many turns out the idlemix screw is (maybe
      too much), check ignition (may be late) condenser and CB's (may be burned
      -same thing as ignition way off). Look at the plug (might be damaged or
      burned white). coil can be dry because something ground a hole in it and
      the oil leaked out...

      The carb float can be blocked or jammed open so It doesn't close properly
      (flooding).

      Jammed or kinked cable is still the usual suspect or maybe they're too
      short, then you will have the problem only at left or right turns.

      All these things HAVE playsed a part in bikes I known with similar problems.

      Jan

      _______________________________
      JanÅke Lang
      CURVES & PIXELS
      Stockholm SWEDEN
      T: 08-662 16 17
      M: 070-4080881
      http://www.users.wineasy.se/curves
      mailto:curves@...
    • Kevin & Stephanie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2002
          i'm guessing you have stock cable,carb, air box. i think you will
          find a bind in the action just above the carb where the cable goes
          betwix the tank & the backbone. sitting & cold it will act right, hot
          and sucking air tends to keep the slide from dropping really nice.
          make a new cable using barnett teflon outer and japanese flexy cable
          inner will help a bunch.move the tank to the right (washers) will
          help. there are more things to do ,but i don't know what you've
          already done. just hold it up to the computer screen so i can get a
          good look and i might have another idea.
          ajay

          --- In royalenfield@y..., "Kevin & Stephanie" <kandskelley@f...>
          wrote:

> [...]
        • k75sus