Re: [Enfield] Chain Lube ?

  • JanÅke Lang
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2001
      Joe!!

      Yepp, The Chain Wax is the best I've found so far!! I use the one in a gold
      and black sparycan with a thin red pipe for application. Remember to drive
      the bike a little spin before you apply the oil so the chain is warm and
      DOOO clean it thoroughly before you spray the wax on.

      I wash the chain lightly (bike on centerstand + a piece of wood) before the
      heat-up drive with clean dieseloil in a pump sprayer (the kind you use for
      flowers, - don't tell my wife!) I spray it liberally over the chain and
      wipe it clean, as good as it gets, maybe two applications and wipes.

      After the drive I give it a quick once over with the diesel again, wipe it
      really clean until there is no dirt on the rag, then blow it with
      compressed air while holding the rag behind it in my hand and spinning the
      wheel slowly then the last grit comes out (there will be black spots all
      over the place, this stuff travels far and wide! so wear an overall or
      tinkering clothes!)

      Then you apply the chain wax (hold a rag behind this time too as it gets
      sticky and messy where it lands) spin the wheel slowly (bike on centerstand
      + a piece of wood) and spray on liberally. Let dry over at least a few
      hours or over night.

      The oiling the Bullet does just sits on top of the wax and helps with the
      wear on the sprockets (I guess), inside the chain the wax does it's
      business, splendidly. You will hardly wear the chain at all and it moves in
      a very graceful motion on the downloop after the application, less
      vibrations (if your sprockets are OK) and less sound too.

      Whazaaam! No problemo! -Bob's your mother! The best invention since sliced
      bread! Pure snakeoil, that works!!

      Jan

      JanÅke Lang, CURVES & PIXELS, BULLETS MCC
      mailto:curves@...
      Tel: 08-662 16 17 Fax: 08-663 27 22
      Mobil: 070-408 08 81 Garaget: 08-660 68 52