[Enfield] Re: Enfield 350

  • kari.bordi@radiolinja.fi
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 1999
      Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/royalenfield/?start=103

      > > > Well, actually the inspection authoritys is sometimes annoyed of the
      > > > exchanged gear and brake pedal arrangement. I needed a special permit to
      > > > import my bike to Sweden. However, this permit should also be able to
      > > > get in Finland!
      > > >
      > > > /Lars B
      > >
      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > As Lars said, it should be possible to get a permission for importing bikes with reversed brake pedal/gear pedal arrangement (gear on left side, brake on right). Unfortunately in Finland this kind of "special permits" are extremely rare. I have experience of this. Unfortunately.
      > >
      > > BR, kari
      > >
      > Permission for LH brake is not necessary in Sweden any longer. Due to the influence of EC, things should get simpler in Finland too.
      > At present Enfield export models have the Japanese layout. The domestic Bullet remains British.
      > Rgds, Sten Brakenhielm

      That would be an ideal case, but I know that in Finland we don't put in use any EU directives that might give some advantage to anyone. This case is very sensitive for some officials in Ministry of transportation here. I have seen an agenda signed by one officer in high position in which he states that Bullets with this reversed pedal arrangement must not be acccepted. I myself got a special permission after one year "fighting" with Ministry of transportation. Only thing is that this special permit is my personal and if I ever sell my bike in Finland the new owner has to try to get new permit.....

      BR, Kari

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/royalenfield