Hard against Xmas Mail deadline

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2006
      To my horror, the post office clerk told me when I asked on Friday,
      that the 11th, Monday... today if you take Digest, is the last day
      for mailing to Europe.

      I should have known, but time has got away from me. I have to mail to
      a great many people in Europe and I shall not make it. My problem is
      that I am easily distracted.

      One of my author pals has an editor who will not permit "erections" in
      a romance novel, not as a word, anyway. What on Earth else does one
      call them?

      Most of the euphemisms make me think more of the incredible hulk than
      the romance hero's wedding tackle.

      I've been chatting --too much-- on the Dorchester forums, but my sales
      numbers at Amazon make me think that maybe it is worth it.

      Meanwhile my dear husband is creating a very zoomy office for himself,
      with lots of display areas, and next he wants me to paint the walls
      using a spatula. I agreed to help before I realized that it would
      take three times as long as using a roller and applying one coat of paint.

      The library wants its swordmaster books and videos back, and I haven't
      finished trying to put into words what it is that the hero does with
      his weapon. Oh, and last night I stayed up to watch LOTR, and I'll do
      it again tonight.

      I'm also trawling my friends on MySpace for a cover model for my next
      interviewee, and trying to find out what kind of music swordsmen
      really like (if not castanets/flamenco as in The Mask of Zorro or the
      Imperial March in The Empire Strikes Back).

      Have a fabulous week. Thanks for your support! And remember, you can
      reply or ask questions here.

      Best wishes,
      Rowena Cherry