Nothing goes according to plan

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      No, I'm not going to complain.

      I'm hoping to warm up for writing my Christmas letter, and since this
      is already the 6th, this is a matter of urgency. Unfortunately for me,
      I have a reputation for writing long and amusing booklets.

      Then, I read someone else's Xmas letter from last year -- I am a wee
      bit behind with my mail -- and was totally demoralized. Sherrie
      Holmes writes so much better. Apparently, though the time frame was a
      little blurry, she accidentally wormed herself by swallowing her cats'
      worming pills, her furnace exploded, her horse stole her laundry off
      the clothes line and treated it much like those Olympic gymnasts with
      the banners. She also had an accident with bouncing tofu in a smart
      Japanese restaurant, and frightened a bear in her back garden.

      What an exciting life she leads!

      I don't think I can make backyard deer who simply pass through, a rash
      that we thought might be ringworm but that came from using the wrong
      soap, a Banded Kingfisher behaving like a drunken swallow... sound
      anywhere near as adventurous.

      Have I mentioned the Dorchester Forums?
      http://forums.dorchesterpub.com/

      I've been chatting there a bit, which is fun but way too time
      consuming, however, if you once looked in and thought it was deserted,
      do go back. :-)

      We talk about everything from James Bond to sitting on vibrating
      washing machines wearing thongs... not personally, of course.

      Take care!