Rowena's Bi-monthly Newsletter is up

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2006
      At www.rowenacherry.com/newsletter

      Occasionally it happens that even with two months between my newsletters, I get a last
      minute hold-up. Either a cover model's pictures don't forward owing to yahoo or aol or
      some other ISPs concerns about hunk sharing!!!!

      Or, my webmaster is travelling and I didn't know that.

      Or, I get the perfect storm of conflicting priorities. That's what happened since August
      26th.

      My editor wanted about thirty minor-seeming revisions to Insufficient Mating Material.
      The villain wasn't quite nasty enough. The heroine wasn't insecure about the hero's
      feelings for her for long enough (like, even after they've had the most wonderful sex in the
      sea).... just by way of example.

      Well, a villain can't just crank up the nastiness out of the blue. Either his nastiness has to
      be apparent all the way through, or else his nasty habits have to build like storm clouds
      gathering throughout the course of the book. That takes time for me.

      Then, I heard the absolutely marvelous news from Romantic Times that my proposal for a
      Research panel has been accepted, and I had to produce a proposal and a panel in a very
      short timeframe.

      And, the builders turned up to repair our garage. And my husband (who cannot type)
      needed help preparing for a meeting. And the only computer with decent internet
      connections had to be replaced before August 31st (four shopping trips, hours trying to
      transfer data). And, it's Back To School time.

      That's not all, but it's enough to give you an idea.

      Anyway, the newsletter is up with a contest, new puzzles, excerpts from two other
      authors, an interview with a really versatile cover model.

      I hope you enjoy it.