Easter Sunday greetings and Hyacinth

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      Happy Easter Sunday, to everyone who celebrates it.

      My mother just called me from hospital in the UK, where she is
      confined on "barrier care" as a result of the very nasty Norwalk
      Virus. I am in the USA, and you cannot catch a Diahorrea and
      Vomiting virus over the internet.

      She wanted my help with a general knowledge crossword puzzle, so she
      called transatlantic from a hospital ward! I was able to tell her
      that, yes, Hyacinth was an attractive Greek youth, much fancied by
      the major god Apollo and the less alpha god Zephyr.

      Hyacinth preferred Apollo, so Zephyr, minor god of wind, blew
      Apollo's quoit astray, thus killing poor Hyacinth, and casting the
      blame on Apollo.

      Because they are not the stuff of which Romance Heroes are made, I'm
      not well up on stories about guys who gave their names to spring
      flowers, but Narcissus is better known to me, because he figures on
      some Tarot cards. Unfortunately, he liked himself better than anyone
      else, male or female.

      Talk about oblique ways of sneaking up on a topic!

      I have permission to describe INSUFFICIENT MATING MATERIAL
      as "SURVIVORMAN with sex" which has given me the hope that maybe
      young males might also enjoy the novel, if only they knew that it
      includes some jolly useful survival info... such as that you could
      start a fire with tummy button fluff. I'm looking for a few male
      test readers who might give me an honest opinion whether I'd be
      wasting my advertising budget if I were to place it in camping supply
      stores.

      Did you all know that you can email me at row_123_imm@... ?