You know that saying about "Always a Bridesmaid..." ?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2006
      That was a tough header to punctuate, not that I mean to bore you
      with discussions about punctuation. If there are any grammarians out
      there, I'd like you to know that I think --and care-- about these
      matters.

      I went with the English version.

      As for the title of this blog, I do feel that way sometimes. I'm
      competitive, I can't help it. I wonder if it has anything to do with
      being a Gemini.

      Either I, as the author, or one or other of my books, have come
      second, and third in several awards. I've been compiling a list for
      the front matter of my next novel, so I am more aware than ever about
      it. Don't get me wrong, it is a great honor to be a finalist, and I
      was thrilled to do well in the EPPIES, the PEARLS, the PredPoll, the
      Silver Rose, The Golden Leaf, etc etc, but "Finalist in..." doesn't
      look as impressive on a paperback cover as "Award winning..."

      I'd like to welcome the new members who've joined here. I am
      absolutely delighted that you've signed on, and I've added your names
      to the master list at my website. If anyone wants only the
      newsletter, this is the place to go: www.rowenacherry.com/signmeup.php

      I've just paid for a new batch of promo items. I still have the key
      fobs, and will have to start cutting out heartshaped inserts next! I
      am getting emery boards and pens to give away in my contests and also
      as random giveaways to people on this list.

      Do you know what a thousand pens and a thousand emery boards (with
      promo messages on) cost? Six hundred dollars!!! I could buy a third
      of a page of adverts in Romantic Times for that.
      :-)

      As you can imagine, I've waited a while to study what I'd want, and
      what I'd keep, if I were a conference attendee. That still doesn't
      mean that I'd buy an author's book because I had her pen (especially
      if it didn't write the first time I tried to use it).

      Now, I'd better go and write something. The theory is that an author
      could write a book a year if she only wrote a page a day. I don't
      work like that. Imagine what a love scene might be like if I wrote
      it at the rate of one page per day! Or a battle!

      Best wishes
      Rowena Cherry