November--so far

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2005
      I hope you enjoyed the Newsletter. That might be the best thing I've
      done so far this month!

      November! It should be featured in that negative credit card ad! (No!)

      Apart from the fact that the exterior house painters powerwashed down
      inside an allegedly blocked roof drain pipe, and caused my garage
      ceiling to collapse, the most memorable activity was having to put on
      my bathing costume and wellies (Wellington boots) and wade out into the
      pond behind our house to move the irrigation system buoy. My husband
      could not bear to see its smooth, glaring whiteness sticking out of the
      water at a rather rude and semi suggestive angle. He wanted me to move
      it so that it bobs behind a bush.

      I did, but the muddy bottom is rather like quicksand and reminded me of
      a scene from Hidalgo -- or Lord of The Rings.

      Michigan in November is not really lake-swimming weather, and I am no
      member of any Polar Bear clubs, I can tell you!

      Romantic Times asked me to write a short piece about why I came to be
      electronically published as well as mainstream New York paperback
      published. My initial offering took about an hour to write and was
      about 500 words. The RT editor asked for more detail on three topics
      and a word count of about 450 words.

      It took me all weekend to comply and I was honored to do so. I have to
      wait for the February issue to see the results after editing. :-)

      I saw the new Science Channel series SURVIVORMAN, and immediately
      realized that my alien hero in INSUFFICIENT MATING MATERIAL, which I am
      revising according to an editor's requests, is implausibly competent.
      He has power tools, admittedly, and his toe is not infected, but my
      alien hero does in what afternoon what took SURVIVORMAN four days.

      I think I am going to have to make his improvised bed less appealing to
      the heroine, at least for the first night.

      :-)