Want to hear me reading MATING NET?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2009
      Last Thursday, I drove 40 miles each way to a video recording studio and read every word --all 15,000 of them-- of Mating Net in front of a camera.

      If you would like to hear me read this somewhat risque short story to you, please check whether or not these links work.

      Part One:
      http://lsc.audioacrobat.com/download/5469a230-094f-0354-5d6b-db5b4e884715.mp3

      Part Two:
      http://lsc.audioacrobat.com/download/e07f641f-cbd7-d71e-db0d-63a1c3d2bd2e.mp3

      Mating Net is a prequel for my god-Princes of Tigron series (Forced Mate, Insufficient Mating Material, and Knight's Fork).

      Set 70 years before the flurry of marriages and murders described in this trilogy, Mating Net shows how the ambitious young Princess Helispeta split a royal family and started a war.

      Mating Net can be purchased as an e-book at http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/matingnet.htm

      http://www.freado.com/book/3726/IWOFA-Sampler-#1--October-2009

      Vote for the cover, blurb, title of Insufficient Mating Material

      http://www.wakeupcelebrityauthor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=14:general-fiction&id=22:insufficient-mating-material

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2009
          Thank you so much. Listening to an author read her own work is such a treat. I've had Mating Net since it came out in 2005. It'll be great to 'read' it again.

          Warm regards,
          Vicky Woodard
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2009
            Thank you very much for your kind words, Vicky. One reason that you may not often hear an author reading her own words is that most of my colleagues assign all their rights to their publishers.

            Therefore, they cannot sit down with a radio studio, and record themselves... at least, not without getting permission.

            If you are one of my Facebook friends (I go to facebook almost every day), you might have seen a little discussion on my personal page.

            I'm very conscious of voices, and waste far too much time dreaming about the male voice talent I'd like to read Djohn-Kronos.

            One friend suggested Alan Rickman (best known as Severus Snape). I hadn't thought of him for the Emperor, mostly because I can hear his evil purr as my arch villain Django-Ra!

            What do you think? Anyone...?

            --- In rowenacherrynewsletter@yahoogroups.com, "Vicky Woodard" <vickyc@...> wrote:

            > Thank you so much. Listening to an author read her own work is such a treat. I've had Mating Net since it came out in 2005. It'll be great to 'read' it again.
            >
            > Warm regards,
            > Vicky Woodard

          • Vicky
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2009
              Alan Rickman does evil well. He's been a favorite of mine since Costner's Robin Hood. When I think of human evil in the movies, I alway think of Hannibal Lector (first movie, can't remember his name), but it wasn't his voice so much as his over all performance that portrayed evil well.

              Unfortunately, I'm not much of a movie goer. I did see Harry Potter with Alan Rickman as Snape, er, Professor Snape. I don't watch TV either. I read alot. Between my husband and myself we have over 10,000 books in the house and only 3,000 are ebooks. One bedroom has been converted into library shelves. We both love to read.

              Vicky