Question: what makes you get excited about a contest?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2008
      I know my limitations. I know that I am abominable at creating contests.

      Part of my problem is my lawyer, who insists that I churn out boring
      --and sometimes even alarming-- rules, until my contests sound like
      they belong in the contest small print on a supermarket meat package.

      I'm not asking for input from anyone who might be voting in this
      contest... and I'm not hinting for votes (you can't vote yet, anyway),
      but it would be lovely to know what readers find interesting about
      contests, and why they enter some contests and not others.

      By the way, off topic, I suppose everyone on this list also receives
      the link to my occasional newsletter?

      http://www.rowenacherry.com/newsletter/

      There's a jigsaw contest, also the QuotesContest. I'll be drawing the
      June winner of the QuotesContest (drawing from all names entered in
      May and June) this weekend.