Rowena's vacation blog

  • row_123_imm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2005
      Hello, everyone!

      I do hope that you enjoyed the latest issue of my newsletter, and
      that your summers are passing pleasantly.

      Having submitted the sequel to FORCED MATE to my editor, which I have
      provisionally titled INSUFFICIENT MATING MATERIAL, it is a bit late
      to do any further research. However, Insufficient Mating Material
      has a scene where an alien razor shell is used for shaving.

      Today I picked up one of this planet's razor shells, sat down on the
      sand on a deserted part of the beach, and tried scraping my legs with
      it. I am sorry to report that the action of the sea and the sand had
      sadly blunted the shell, and it would not do the job at all.

      Obviously I should have to dig up a fresh shell and kill its occupant
      in order to research further. I have no plans to do that.

      However, my stranded hero will have to have a few extra words in his
      scene to reflect the fact that he will either have to dig up a new
      shell, break on old one, or sharpen it, or else, alien bivalves will
      be a great deal more dangerous than those residing in our Atlantic
      waters.

      My summer reading is John Grisham and Harry Potter. I am greatly
      enjoying both. I have read some romances, too, also with much
      enjoyment.

      So far my musings involve mysterious corpses being found in unusual
      places by persons with uncommon occupations.

      I am already considering the third full length book in my alien djinn
      series, and I think it is time that Rhett had an adventure and a
      romance of his own.

      My very best wishes,

      Rowena Cherry