Well, that was a marathon

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Dear Readers,

      How long ago did I promise that you'd be the first to see an excerpt
      from Knight's Fork?

      November?

      I finished the editing yesterday, the copy editor now has the
      manuscript (actually, I think she has an electronic file), and I am
      surfacing, briefly.

      ------

      "I'm at your service in this, Ma'am. I've never refused a fight."

      I've never lost one, either!

      To his surprise, instead of making a pass at him, she sauntered over
      to join him at the service niche. She took up an Imperial armorers'
      sponge in her fingers, and began cleaning and disinfecting the blade
      of an épée, which showed that she knew what she was doing.

      Her curled hand stroked firmly up and down the long shaft, leaving a
      gleaming trail of moisture where the sponge in her palm had pressed.
      The erotic suggestion was almost certainly deliberate.

      Two could play at that.

      Two probably would. They both had a lot to learn, and most of it was
      about sex, one way or another.

      "Are you ready to demonstrate your prowess at sword-play, Your Majesty?"

      "Let's make this interesting," she whispered. "I challenge you to a
      proper duel. To the drawing of first blood. If you lose, you will
      impregnate me."

      He untangled his weapon and stepped back. It was such an unusual
      reversal of the way these things usually played out that it took a
      moment to come up with a suitable rebuff.

      "If I lose, I impregnate you?" he rasped a follow up question when
      their actions brought them close enough to whisper again.

      "And if you win, you don't have to." She was breathing heavily, and
      her words were audible.

      She was shameless! She turned morality upside down. She was in sore
      need of a very stiff lesson.

      "It seems to me," he said slowly, striving for the right balance of
      arrogance and legal pedantry, "that I don't 'have to' anyway."

      Her heart rate increased. Hearing the faster beat excited him. As they
      circled and feinted, he found himself eyeing her with indecent interest.

      The superb, layered cut of her outfit allowed for a surprising range
      of movement. When she twirled, the panels of her coat-dress top flew
      wide, revealing a glossy, lipstick red lining. Her reflection in the
      long wall of mirrors showed her long, slender, racehorse legs.

      Nice legs. Shame about the… morals.

      ---

      I'm thinking of running a contest, and would appreciate some help
      (suggestions) from anyone who has read either Forced Mate or
      Insufficient Mating Net recently.

      Please contact me if interested.

      Best wishes,

      Rowena Cherry