Petition against piracy

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2008
      Wow! It's Friday, although it may not be when you receive this!

      I've just snagged this url off another loop because yesterday a lot of
      us were going to bat against yet another site where people are
      "sharing" e-books, and books that were never intended to be e-books.

      I'm personally all in favor of literacy, but in my opinion, if someone
      can't afford a book but wants to read, they should volunteer to help
      out on any of the dozens of reviewing websites.

      Here's a petition to get the government to take the book industry as
      seriously as they take the music and film industries. If you'd like to
      sign, great. If not, no worries, but it would be lovely if the url
      could be passed on to other groups of booklovers.

      One thing to know... the petition site asks for a small donation. I've
      no idea if your vote does not count if you decline to donate. The
      smallest donation is $2.

      Have a lovely weekend.

      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ebooksandpirates/