Blush, die, wilt... Apologies. And spam laugh.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      One of the first pleasures I looked forward to upon finally getting
      the draft of Knight's Fork into the mail to my editor was to check my
      Newsletter Admin area, which I have neglected even more than I have
      neglected this group.

      To my shock, horror and chagrin, I've discovered comments from readers
      dating back to 2004 which I never saw.

      Eeek. If you are one of the correspondents, or if you know someone (so
      many addresses have now changed) please accept or pass on my apologies.

      The "Comments" section was intended for my use, I thought. Recently,
      spammers have been posting mysterious and probably objectionable code,
      but it is automatically stripped.

      I used it to make a note of which review site contest entrants had
      checked the Please-sign-me-up box when they entered one of my contests.

      By the way, if anyone is a member of Novelspot@yahoogroups.com,
      starting December 1st there is a scavenger hunt and at least 25
      authors are giving away prizes. I'm giving away a print ARC of Mating Net.

      No one but spammers ever posts to this list. You all can, you know. I
      just need to approve it to be sure that you aren't offended if some
      stranger pops in and offers you snake oil.... trouser snake oil!

      Ever received that sort of spam?

      What is the funniest spam subject line you ever received?

      Best wishes,

      Rowena Cherry