I put my foot in it...

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2007
      I told my editor that I'd written 60,000 words (I did give myself leeway... the wordcount is
      actually 79,000) and that I would have a complete draft to her by the end of this month.

      Right now, a week has passed, and I have not added any new scenes. I did turn a dream by
      the heroine into thoughts while taking a shower... I strongly felt that after a couple of weeks
      in Hypersleep, she would need to use the plumbing before she fought a duel with the hero.

      I'd want to. Wouldn't you?

      Royal bathroom opportunities are necessary in romance, but have to be fitted in when the
      opportunity presents itself. In the first draft, she didn't get to go, and as I proof-read the
      scene, I red-pencilled in the margin that I had an issue.

      So... back I pop to work over the fight.