Happy New Year!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      I probably ought to have posted New Year's wishes yesterday, but this will be almost as
      timely on January First as it is on December 31st 2006. The only thing that you'll miss is
      my attempt to break the Dorchester forums attendance record at midnight central time.

      The last few days have been quite hectic. My husband wanted my help to Venetian plaster
      the office. Venetian plastering means applying three coats of thick paint. Our child is on
      school holidays. My webmaster is stuck (I think) out of town somewhere. The cover
      model I interviewed for my January and February newsletter issue can only send me
      pictures of himself fully clothed, which isn't quite the point.... so I've been looking for less
      shy guys.

      Obvious as it is to say, tonight, different nations --and different states-- will mark the
      arrival of 2007 at different times. I'm especially aware of this for a really silly reason. Not
      because my mother lives in England and will be celebrating five or six hours earlier than I
      will (or not, because she is pragmatic), but because my publisher's forums are on Central
      time and I'm on Eastern, and I'm determined to log in at midnight, and help break an
      attendance record.

      (forums@..., midnight Central).

      Not that I want to call in any favors, but if you have nothing better to do, will you join me?
      The forums at dorchester pub.com have hundreds of threads, and we are all talking about
      our resolutions, our books, the life of a romance writer...

      Anyway, it will only take 58 people to break the record, so I think we'll do it, no worries. If
      not, I'll try again the day Insufficient Mating Material hits bookstores (supposed to be
      January 30th 2007).

      Happy New Year!

      Every possible good luck wish for 2007,