IrishAncestors4U

  • Patrick Rossiter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2009
      Hello All:
      I haven't seen much activity here lately, but perhaps I can instigate some. :-)
      Has anyone else visited the website:
      http://www.irishancestors4u.com/index.php ?
      The owner of that site has created a 3 volume set of books on the Rossiter surname. I am interested in knowing whether anyone has purchased the first volume and whether they think it is a worthwhile purchase. Since I live in NZ it is going to cost me almost NZ$100 to purchase and have it shipped here, and I'd like to be certain (with no intent to malign the author) that it is not just the same sort of rehash that some genealogy shops offer.
      I will be happy to buy all three volumes if the content is worthwhile, but it's a bit of a stab in the dark until someone can review it.
      Meanwhile, if anyone has anything new on the line going from Thomas Joseph Rossiter (the Halifax syndicate rum-runner) back through Thomas Rossiter in Newfoundland circa 1805 (who was probably the Thomas Rossetter age 21 on HMS Conqueror at Trafalgar) I'd love to hear from you.
      best regards
      Pat