RE: [ENG-Somerset-Frome] ROSSITERs of Laverton

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16 5:01 AM
      Hi Louisa

      Have you got James's parents, John & Elizabeth nee THREASHER and their other
      children? They are thought to link with the Foxcote ROSSITERs.

      I don't seem to have the 1774 MOON marriage, but Robert MOON bch married
      Mary ROSSITER sp botp at Frome St John 20 Feb 1800 (source: Hilda Massey).

      David Smart
      London, England

      Pobjoy website at www.pobjoy.org.uk
      Frome website at www.fromeresearch.org.uk

      > As the topic has come up, I have my ggggrandfather James ROSSITER (b
      > 1817 Laverton, according to the 1851/81 census) who married a
      > Sarah ORGAN (b 1820 Frome) in 1842 in Frome. I've applied
      > for the marriage certificate, but as the GRO is taking ten
      > days at the moment, thought I'd post my interest now, in
      > advance of any further information!
      >
      > I would also be interested in any info on a Mary ROSSITER who
      > married George MOON at Laverton in 1774.
      >
      > Many thanks
      >
      > Louisa Gummer
    • james cornett
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 2:06 AM
        What is the GRO and how do you apply for a marriage
        license?
        --- David Smart <david.smart@...> wrote:
        > Hi Louisa
        >
        > Have you got James's parents, John & Elizabeth nee
        > THREASHER and their other
        > children? They are thought to link with the Foxcote
        > ROSSITERs.
        >
        > I don't seem to have the 1774 MOON marriage, but
        > Robert MOON bch married
        > Mary ROSSITER sp botp at Frome St John 20 Feb 1800
        > (source: Hilda Massey).
        >
        > David Smart
        > London, England
        >
        > Pobjoy website at www.pobjoy.org.uk
        > Frome website at www.fromeresearch.org.uk
        >
        > > As the topic has come up, I have my ggggrandfather
        > James ROSSITER (b
        > > 1817 Laverton, according to the 1851/81 census)
        > who married a
        > > Sarah ORGAN (b 1820 Frome) in 1842 in Frome. I've
        > applied
        > > for the marriage certificate, but as the GRO is
        > taking ten
        > > days at the moment, thought I'd post my interest
        > now, in
        > > advance of any further information!
        > >
        > > I would also be interested in any info on a Mary
        > ROSSITER who
        > > married George MOON at Laverton in 1774.
        > >
        > > Many thanks
        > >
        > > Louisa Gummer

        =====
        James L. Cornett
        102 St. Francis Ct.
        Severna Park, Md. 21146
        410-647-6979
        jlcorny@...

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • David Smart
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 5:58 AM
          Hi James

          > What is the GRO and how do you apply for a marriage license?

          The General Register Office has kept civil BMD records for England & Wales
          from 1837. You can order licences online from them at
          www.col.statistics.gov.uk.
          To do so you have to give references from the catalogues, which you can
          search at the Family Record Centre in Clerkenwell, London, or online at
          FreeBMD http://freebmd.rootsweb.com (free, but partial coverage) or 1837
          online www.1837online.com (complete coverage, but pay-to-view).

          David Smart
          London, England