RE: Rossiter's

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2003
      Tony,

      > I have those David, but you have'nt really answered my question. The site
      > details you have posted carry a resemblance to the 1881 census.
      > Where do you find the details you post?

      They're from a whole variety of sources of varying degrees of reliability.
      There's actually a ROSSITER list on Yahoo and Merv Rossiter in Australia
      does a sort of one-name study. But the Frome and locality data is at best
      second-hand, often with no sources referenced. I recently obtained copies of
      notes made by Hilda Massey, the former archivist to Frome St John, in
      response to queries over the years. I'm still trying to work through the
      various possibilities, but there are still a lot of connections on the
      ROSSITER trees on the Frome site which are purely a matter of assertion.

      The good news is that Frome St John PRs are finally being put in the public
      domain!

      Regards

      David Smart

      Pobjoy website at www.pobjoy.org.uk