ROSSITER - Missing since 1851

  • Dave Rossiter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 1998
      Has anyone spotted this family in there research ?

      William Rossiter, his wife Maria (nee Fuller) and their children William,
      Thomas, Alfred and Maria.

      Last know address in the 1851 Census.
      15 Mount Pleasant, East Rd, Hoxton New Town, London
      (near to the present Old St. Station)

      Occupation - Smith (later Engine Smith)
      Place of origin - Somersetshire

      William was 40 years old in 1851, Maria 38
      William George 13 yrs , Thomas Alfred & Maria all baptised in 1848.

      This family have been traced from Bethnal Green where William & Maria were
      married in 1834, they were located using the ELFHS indexes for the 1851
      census and the information shown above, I now have no idea where to look
      for them, neither William or Maria appear to have survived until the 1881
      census and they do not appear in those parts of the 1861 & 1871 census
      which have been indexed.

      The reasons for needing to find them are - to check on Williams place of
      origin, hopefully he would have given his parish in a later census, and to
      narrow down where he was living to try and locate either his burial or the
      registration district to check for in the GRO indexes, I don't think I have
      enough other checking information to allow me to order a certificate with
      any certainty at the moment.

      If anyone can help I'd be most gratefull.

      Dave Rossiter

      Dave.R@...

      http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/rossiter

      Genealogy must be exponential !

      Researching :-

      HARRIS & BUSBY ------------------------------ > OXFORDSHIRE
      JONES, ALDRIDGE & PHILLIPS ------------------ > LONDON

      Supporting the Campaign for Easier and Cheaper Access
      to Older Civil Registration Records in England:
      http://parchment.com/genealogy/pages/campaign/
      E-Mail The_Campaign@...