Hemington and Writhlington ROSSITERs and some apprentices

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2001
      I found the following children of Joseph and Mary ROSSITER while browsing
      Hemington PRs at the SRO:

      22 May 1787 Betty
      8 Aug 1788 Thomas
      1 Nov 1789 Susana
      5 Dec 1790 Uriah
      23 Dec 1793 Mary
      13 Jan 1797 Joseph

      Betty was buried in Hemington 28 Feb 1788; Thomas and Joseph were in Norton
      St Philip in 1851; any claims on the others?

      I also found these following marriages:

      16 May 1765 William ROSSITER of Camerton, Carpenter Elizabeth GREEN Sp of
      Hemington Banns James ?? Francis COOMBS
      3 Apr 1774 David ROSSITER of Laverton Ann CHEVIOT [?] of Hemington 3rd Banns
      7 Apr 1776 William BLATCHFORD Wdr of Hemington Elizabeth ROSSITER Banns
      Cornelius GRIST Hannah GRIST
      20 Apr 1786 Joseph ROSSITER Bch of Hemington Mary CARVER Sp of Hemington
      Banns John MILLARD (X) Job ROSSITER (X)
      25 Oct 1808 John BATTLE Bch of Hemington Susannah ROSSITER Sp of Hemington
      Banns Samuel BURGE Thomas ROSSITER

      In Writhlington:

      22 Aug 1736 Richard John b. 5th Aug
      24 Nov 1771 James John Hester
      30 Apr 1775 Phoebe John Hester
      16 Feb 1777 Hannah John Hester
      6 Mar 1757 Elizabeth Benjamin Rebecca
      18 Mar 1759 Thomas Benjamin Rebecca
      8 Mar 1765 Mary Benjamin Rebecca
      31 Jul 1768 Mark Benjamin Rebecca
      27 May 1770 Benjamin Benjamin Rebecca
      26 Sep 1773 Frances Benjamin Rebecca
      10 Mar 1776 Rachael Benjamin Rebecca
      18 Feb 1781 Sarah Benjamin Rebecca

      8 Jun 1736 Jonas MATHEWS Mary ROSSITER Banns

      I picked a few interesting looking ROSSITER apprentices out of the card
      index at the SRO:
      Daniel 12 1788 BOURN of Beckington
      Sarah 8 1806 CARTER of Beckington
      Mary 1776 ROSSITER of Hardington
      Thomas 1776 ROSSITER of Hardington
      Solomon 11 1802 TWITCHEN of Frome
      Fanny 8 1805 HAWKINS of Frome
      John 10 1818 RANGER of Frome
      John 12 1819 FOWLER of Frome
      Daniel 1715 PARFETT of Road
      Wm R als BEACH 1733 BALL of N. Bradley
      Elizabeth 11 1767 BOWDEN (of Taunton?)
      Wm R als ROBERTS 1804 ALLEN of Frome

      Finally, Joseph ROSSITER was licensed as landlord of Tucker's Grave Inn,
      Faulkland, in 1827

      Regards

      David Smart
      London, England

      Pobjoy website at http://www.pobjoy.org.uk
      Frome website at http://www.fromeresearch.org.uk
      Frome researchers' list at mailto:Frome-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • james cornett
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2001
        Great news today I found the graves of my great
        grandfather and grandmother at St. Mary's Govans
        graveyard, Baltimore, Md.
        John Rossiter, born 17 Feb 1849, county wexford
        Ireland
        died 7 Oct.1911 Baltimore, Md father
        Margret Rossiter, born 22 july 1851 died 15 Aug 1910
        Baltimore Md. Mother
        Son George Rossiteer Married to Anne Sullivan
        Owned Rossiter's resturant Baltimore Md
        Son Leo Rossiter Married to Marie Sullivan
        Owned Rossiter's resturant in Washington D.C.
        two brothers married two sisters
        Son James Rossiter
        May have been other sons and daughters in Baltimore,
        MD.

        =====
        James L. Cornett
        102 St. Francis Ct.
        Severna Park, Md. 21146
        410-647-6979
        jlcorny@...

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • Merv Rossiter
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2002
          Hi David and List Members

          The children of Joseph and Mary are of Joseph ROSSITER and Mary CARVER

          *ROSSITER, Joseph b1763,d28Nov1833, m20Apr1786 Mary CARVER b1755,d1832
          **Betty b1787, d1788
          **Susanna b1789,m25Oct1848John BATTLE
          **Uriah b1790,d1832, m21Sep1826 Ann HILL
          **Mary b1793
          **Joseph b1797, m20Apr1824 in Bath, Louisa SIMES

          Also, William ROSSITER who married Elizabeth GREEN was bp 1738 s/o William
          ROSSITER and Susan

          Regards
          Merv
          merv@...