Re: [rossiter] certificates ZOE

  • GCOMCAT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2001
      ZOE! The family that you are looking for is the one that I have been
      researching! ( OHIO Rossiters) I have lots of info..will look up the names
      for you, if you'd like. We can trade info!:)
      CATHY
    • Teddy Schultz
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 11, 2001
        Cathy,

        My Grandmother, Johanna (or Josephine) Rossiter (Brooks), was born in North
        Starke County, Ohio, March 22, 1868. Her Father was Martin M. Rossiter,
        born, 1837, Cochocton Co., Ohio and Mother was Mary (Susan or Sarah Hughs)
        Rossiter, born Virginia, in 1847. When Martin died in 1880 in Brazil,
        Indiana, Mary married Martin's younger brother, Michael "Mock" Rossiter. If
        you have any information on these Ohio Rossiter's, I would love to hear
        about it. I know that Martin was a Union Soldier.

        Teddy

      • Bar948@cs.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2001
          None of those names ring a bell-but I will be on the lookout for them. Zoe
        • David Smart
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2001
            Teddy,

            You should be able to order Martin's service records from NARA via their
            website.

            Regards

            David

            > ... I know that Martin was a Union Soldier
          • Merv Rossiter
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 11, 2001
              Hi Zoe

              I have found a Rossiter family in Oberlin Ohio

              Samuel Rossiter b1804 m 1835 Mary Gaston.

              Children
              Samuel G b1835
              Henry J b1837
              Mary L 1841
              Frederick C b1844
              Charles W b1839
              Sarah B b 1845
              Nathan Francis b1847
              George A b1850
              William b 1853
              Emily L

              Is this the family you are looking for.

              Merv Rossiter
              merv@...

              ----------

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 12, 2001
                No, I don't think any of my Rossiter's were in that part of the state. They
                were mostly around NobleCounty and Guernsey County-I don't believe any of
                them came here to Washington Co. other than my grandmother after she married.
                Thanks tho,for helping me-it is so wonderful to have other folks in on the
                search.Zoe
              • GCOMCAT@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 24, 2001
                  In a message dated 12.2.2001 12:45:41 PM Central Standard Time, Bar948@...
                  writes:

                  << They
                  were mostly around NobleCounty and Guernsey County-I don't believe any of
                  them came here to Washington Co. other than my grandmother after she married

                  You are definitely related to my mother in law, ( She is the great
                  granddaughter of Malissa Rossiter, Jesse Marion's daughter(?) ) the one I
                  have been doing research for. Let me find the file. I am sorry for the delay.
                  This 4th baby really makes things harder..lol
                  Cathy